Sign in with
Your question

Bluescreen of death

Last response: in Systems
February 1, 2013 9:13:14 PM

So I just got my first bluescreen since I changed my graphic card from Radeon HD 6870 to 7950 and my HDD from a 500GB (yup, 500 lol) Western to Seagate Barracuda 2TB.

So these are my specs so far;

Radoen HD 7950
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz
8GB DDR3 Ram
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Corsair HX 750W

Windows 7 Gamer Edition 64-bit (Idk why I use the Gamer edition, I guess I just wanted to test it out)

Since I formated and changed some of my specs, I've got this scratch kinda sound sometimes, like you would hear if your PC freeze during a song etcetera. I get that sound sometimes when I listen to music for unknown reasons.

I don't know if these .dmp files will help much, but here they are;

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=0BFFCA71EE58C11C&id=BFFC...

http://pastebin.com/M1ad6BMU

If someone could download those and tell me what the problem is, thanks!

More about : bluescreen death

a b B Homebuilt system
February 1, 2013 9:25:49 PM

I can't read the dump files but I would recommend getting your windows fully updated as well as your catalyst drivers. Or if you didn't...uninstall your catalyst drivers from 6870 (and use driver sweeper) and reinstall them fresh with your 7950. Even though it shouldn't matter those little nuances seem to bring chaos. If that doesn't work I'd check your RAM which is odd for a stick to go bad but BSoD tend to be RAM issues.
February 1, 2013 10:31:37 PM

Can't be the drivers. I uninstalled them before I put my new card in, and then installed the new ones. I'm gessing it's my RAM as well, their pretty old and I've had some trouble with them before. I'll run memtest when I've got the time and i'll post it here.
Thanks for the answer :) 
Related resources
February 2, 2013 1:55:03 PM

crewton said:
I can't read the dump files but I would recommend getting your windows fully updated as well as your catalyst drivers. Or if you didn't...uninstall your catalyst drivers from 6870 (and use driver sweeper) and reinstall them fresh with your 7950. Even though it shouldn't matter those little nuances seem to bring chaos. If that doesn't work I'd check your RAM which is odd for a stick to go bad but BSoD tend to be RAM issues.

Okay, so I ran memtest over night for 9 hours and 50 min. Not one error. So now I have no idea what might've caused it, I've always thought my RAM was bad. You got any other ideas?
a b B Homebuilt system
February 2, 2013 3:28:37 PM

Memtest only tests the first RAM slot, so it could be the other stick. I'd take that one and swap it over and see. You don't need to go 9 hours on it. If you start to see an error after 5-6 cycles you know it's an issue. Otherwise, I'd take the dmp file to windows live forums and see if they can read it.
!