Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PC build equivalent to an Xbox 360 or PS3

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 1, 2013 9:19:19 PM

I know both consoles have their own exclusive parts but, what modern parts are equivalent to a PC. How much RAM? What processor? What GPU? I am just trying to learn this just out of curiosity and how much consoles are actually worth. Thank you, I know this is probably a though question.
February 1, 2013 9:31:37 PM

360:
Processor: 3.2Ghz Tri-core PowerPC (Not sure why they took a PowerPC processor...)
RAM: 512Mb GDDR3 @ 700Mhz
GPU: ATI Xenos (Which is the equivalent of a ATI Radeon 1800XT-ish, maybe a little more powerful but not hugely)

PS3:
Processor: 3.2Ghz x8 Cell Processor (technically x7 since one of them is only used in case another fails. Also there is and won't be a PC equivalent for a little while.)
RAM: 256Mb GDDR3 @ 700Mhz + 256Mb "XDR" @3.2Ghz (Search up what the XDR Ram is because I don't really understand it myself.)
GPU: Nvidia RSX (Which is the equivalent to an Nvidia 7800GTX.)
Pretty bad if you know a lot about pcs. But take into thought that they have no formal operating system and have no background program's running.
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 9:38:16 PM

A low end cpu , 4 gig of RAM , and a Radeon 7770 demolish a console for image quality

The consoles are several years old now


m
0
l
Related resources
February 1, 2013 9:40:34 PM

I know, there has never been a better time to be a PC gamer. Console gaming is turning to absolute crap.
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 9:42:21 PM

EasyTransfer said:
360:
Processor: 3.2Ghz Tri-core PowerPC (Not sure why they took a PowerPC processor...)
RAM: 512Mb GDDR3 @ 700Mhz
GPU: ATI Xenos (Which is the equivalent of a ATI Radeon 1800XT-ish, maybe a little more powerful but not hugely)

PS3:
Processor: 3.2Ghz x8 Cell Processor (technically x7 since one of them is only used in case another fails. Also there is and won't be a PC equivalent for a little while.)
RAM: 256Mb GDDR3 @ 700Mhz + 256Mb "XDR" @3.2Ghz (Search up what the XDR Ram is because I don't really understand it myself.)
GPU: Nvidia RSX (Which is the equivalent to an Nvidia 7800GTX.)
Pretty bad if you know a lot about pcs. But take into thought that they have no formal operating system and have no background program's running.



I agree, console gaming is crap. Honestly, there has never been a better time to build yourself a PC. Especially with the new consoles coming out this year. They are going to be very overpriced. You can build an awesome budget build for $500 nowadays!
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 9:55:01 PM

Don't understand why people still game on consoles now-a-days, just don't find anything benefiting people who play on consoles. And what is greater than playing the games you love on something that you built yourself.
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 9:59:51 PM

And with Steam the games are a lot cheaper too!
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 10:04:47 PM

kassuba39 said:
I know, there has never been a better time to be a PC gamer. Console gaming is turning to absolute crap.


The PC in your signature is better than PS3 and XBOX 360. Trouble is you will need to play on a low resolution to compare them. I think 720p is the max those consoles will do and some games like BF3 are 480i in zoom.

If you got something like a 7770 you would demolish a console and be able to max out games at 720p, and play medium settings at 1080p comfortably.
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 10:18:37 PM

stickg1 said:
The PC in your signature is better than PS3 and XBOX 360. Trouble is you will need to play on a low resolution to compare them. I think 720p is the max those consoles will do and some games like BF3 are 480i in zoom.

If you got something like a 7770 you would demolish a console and be able to max out games at 720p, and play medium settings at 1080p comfortably.


I know my video card is weak. I am planning on upgrading soon. I have a few cards in mind.
m
0
l
!