Microsoft suck my b***s!

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Recently I bought Combat Flight Simulator 2, when I tried to install it the only thing that happen is that I got a yellow sign with a ! sign in it!
I read the readme file and it states something like poorly written installers replace a certain file and therefore the installer cannot proceed.
Same thing happend with Motorcross madness 2.
I have almost certainly installed a thousand programs and games during my days and this is the first time I encounter a problem like this!
Makes you wonder who writes the poor installers?!
Oh no! not Microsoft...
This makes me f*cking mad! THEY of all companies should be able to write a functioning installer for their own OS?!

So...
Anyone knows how I can avoid this irritating problem?
And yes, I use Wind98 first edition.

Su casa es mi casa

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
what os are you running? if its 98se you might have to update your install shield. rename your current one (its in your program files ---> common files folder, i think)and go to the ms site and search article number q292539. i had all sorts of problems installing stuff until i updated to v1.2 i think it is. anyway, good luck.

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
1) I can't figure out your expletitive, B***s. Bills? As in Cash-money?

2) What vid card do you use?

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
You might as well crank up the 14.90 drivers, and GTU to go with it.

Browse to <A HREF="http://www.guru3d.com" target="_new">http://www.guru3d.com</A>, and you'll find the drivers and GTU 3.04 (or whatever version, now).

It's all on the left side of the page, under downloads or drivers. I forget.

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>