Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to reset a counter on my LD player?

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 9:58:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

I was just wondering how to reset the counter on my LD player before I
sell it. I had it serviced replacing the belt and the main mechanism
there, but the counter wouldn't reset. And this fact bothers me 'cause I'm not
able to sell the turn table for the high value. My counter still shows
1984678.5 spins.

Thanks.

--Leonid

More about : reset counter player

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 9:58:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

sounds like you have something to hide. Sell it as is, describe it
accurately and with repairs done to it. If someone feels its worth
your asking price it will sell.
Besides you wouldn't turn a car's odometer back now would you?


On 1 Apr 2005 17:58:11 GMT, Leonid Makarovsky <venom@csa2.bu.edu>
wrote:

>I was just wondering how to reset the counter on my LD player before I
>sell it. I had it serviced replacing the belt and the main mechanism
>there, but the counter wouldn't reset. And this fact bothers me 'cause I'm not
>able to sell the turn table for the high value. My counter still shows
>1984678.5 spins.
>
>Thanks.
>
>--Leonid
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 10:05:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

"Leonid Makarovsky" <venom@csa2.bu.edu> wrote in message
news:D 2k23j$jkt$2@news3.bu.edu...
> I was just wondering how to reset the counter on my LD player before I
> sell it. I had it serviced replacing the belt and the main mechanism
> there, but the counter wouldn't reset. And this fact bothers me 'cause I'm
not
> able to sell the turn table for the high value. My counter still shows
> 1984678.5 spins.
>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt it still have that many spins on it,
just with some key new parts? To be honest in selling it, the buyer should
know the use the machine has had, and also the repairs done.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:37:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Biz <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote:
: Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt it still have that many spins on it,
: just with some key new parts? To be honest in selling it, the buyer should
: know the use the machine has had, and also the repairs done.

That's not the correct measure since the mech is new. So the buyer shouldn't
know how many spins it did. Plus didn't you ever reset mile's counter in
your car before selling it?

--Leonid
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:40:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Biz <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote:
>
> "Leonid Makarovsky" <venom@csa2.bu.edu> wrote in message
> news:D 2k23j$jkt$2@news3.bu.edu...
>> I was just wondering how to reset the counter on my LD player before I
>> sell it. I had it serviced replacing the belt and the main mechanism
>> there, but the counter wouldn't reset. And this fact bothers me 'cause I'm
> not
>> able to sell the turn table for the high value. My counter still shows
>> 1984678.5 spins.
>>
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt it still have that many spins on it,
> just with some key new parts? To be honest in selling it, the buyer should
> know the use the machine has had, and also the repairs done.

Futhermore, counter tampering is illegal and considered a felony that can
put one behind bars for a year if that was his first offence. And he has to
sign a disclosure swearing it's not tampered with.

---
******************************************************************
* KSI@home KOI8 Net < > The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA < > Miracles require 24-hour notice. *
******************************************************************
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 12:21:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Leonid Makarovsky <venom@csa2.bu.edu> wrote:
> Biz <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote:
> : Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt it still have that many spins on it,
> : just with some key new parts? To be honest in selling it, the buyer should
> : know the use the machine has had, and also the repairs done.
>
> That's not the correct measure since the mech is new. So the buyer shouldn't
> know how many spins it did. Plus didn't you ever reset mile's counter in
> your car before selling it?

The mech might be new but did you also replace the platter? Its not only
bearings and belts that wear out...

---
******************************************************************
* KSI@home KOI8 Net < > The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA < > Miracles require 24-hour notice. *
******************************************************************
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 1:09:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

"Leonid Makarovsky" <venom@csa2.bu.edu> wrote in message
news:D 2k7tv$k79$1@news3.bu.edu...
> Biz <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote:
> : Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt it still have that many spins on it,
> : just with some key new parts? To be honest in selling it, the buyer
should
> : know the use the machine has had, and also the repairs done.
>
> That's not the correct measure since the mech is new. So the buyer
shouldn't
> know how many spins it did. Plus didn't you ever reset mile's counter in
> your car before selling it?
>
> --Leonid

NO!!
I would never do that, plus if you get caught in the US, its big trouble.
If you choose to want to do things are suspect legally and morally dont go
asking about them in a completely puble place. Thats just plain stupidity.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 2:41:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Nitehawk^ <nighthawk_68@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Besides you wouldn't turn a car's odometer back now would you?

Wow, this thing is getting more serious than I expected. I don't know how to
answer your question even on this day. :)  I guess there might be some FBI
agents without sense of humor....

But anyway, the counters that measure number of spins in LD players. What would
have they been called? Spinometers?

Well, check your calendars. Thanks to Sergey for playing along. He actually
got me 'cause I thought that he also fell for this. Well, 'till next year.

--Leonid

PS. Check rec.audio.pro for the same subject with record players. :) 
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 11:26:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Leonid Makarovsky <venom@csa2.bu.edu> wrote:
: Well, check your calendars. Thanks to Sergey for playing along. He actually
: got me 'cause I thought that he also fell for this. Well, 'till next year.

Oh, and by the way, in case you guys still wondering and didn't get it....
Happy April Fool's :) 

--Leonid
!