Ugrading my build

Tucker1991

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I just built a decent gaming PC for a price of $700-$800 and I was thinking about putting more money into it within a year. What components do you guys think I should upgrade first?

MSI z77A-g41 motherboard
Intel Pentium G860 3.0 GHz LGA1155 processor
Corsair GS700 watt PSU
XFX Radeon R6670 2gb DDR3 GPU
500 Gb Hard Drive

My motherboard is able to handle 2 graphics cards through AMD Crossfire.

avacadobread

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

If you upgrade your Mobo you will want to do a fresh install of windows. The reason being is that your current OS has conformed itself to the "environment" of your Motherboard and if you install a new MB your OS won't know that to do with itself.

If "I" were to upgrade something first, it would be my processor. If was was gaming and not doing any type of rendering I would jump straight to one of the "i5's" they offer solid performance and won't bottleneck your Graphics card like your current CPU may.
I would then get myself a "Solid" video card. I say solid because it does not have to be the very best in the world for a good gaming experience.
I would then consider an SSD for a boot drive or for any of the more essential programs, and an SSD will just make things much smoother.

avacadobread

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

Getting things in that order look good to me, upgrading your HD to an SSD will probably make the biggest difference in both speed and performance. Secondly upgrading your graphics card will insure that you can keep up with games for the time being, or the CPU can go and you can get a better performer that is more modern and will last you longer. I would personly go with a better graphics card, but if you are sure that the games you play will be better with a quad core or something like that, then by all means grab your self a new CPU.