Lost wireless connection on laptop toshiba satellite c655 router and modem worki

rb195

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I just spent 4 hrs trying everything possible to get my wireless connection back to no avail, router and modem working fine but still no internet it has to be a problem with the laptop settings I need HELP!

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Hello rb195 :hello:

I would look in device manager and see if the computer recognizes the device, click start, right click on My Computer, click manage, and then Device Manager. Now that your in Device Manager double click on Network Adapters if its not expanded and see 1-If its there and 2- If it has a yellow exclamation point next to it. If there's an exclamation point you need to update the driver more than likely, you could try right clicking on it and clicking update driver but I would go directly to your PC's website and download the most up to date one there.
Edit: Here's the Laptops download site.

It would be nice to know what you've tried, your question is pretty vague. What browser are you using? What does the icon on the tray look like, is it a computer with a big red X or a yellow exclamation point? Are you using a password, are you positive the password is correct? Is the caps lock on?

Just my 2 cents do with it what you will.