Backtrack 5 VMware

novasynth

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hello there,

First off, let me start by saying that I have tried everything that i can to try and resolve this issue and i have nowhere else to turn, so here I am...

I currently have an Acer Aspire 7530 laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate currently installed. I was just recently introduced to VMware software and thought about installing the Linux OS known as Backtrack to it. I have tried in the past burning backtrack to a DVD-ROM and simply installing it along side with my current Windows OS, but unfortunately I could not get my laptop to boot off the dvd. So i decided to use VMware and install Backtrack onto a Virtual Machine.

Now there is currently nothing wrong with backtrack, I was able to successfully install and use backtrack on my virtual machine, but the issue that I am currently having is that for some reason backtrack is not recognizing my wireless and ethernet cards. I have tried bridging the connection weather it be physically wired to my laptop, or through a wireless connection. I dont know what else to do, i cannot get backtrack to connect to the internet no matter what i do. At this point i'm stuck and dont know where to go from here...

If there's anyone who can help me, please do as I am currently lost :(

Hometechsupport

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
When you are trying to install side by side with windows, you may have to change your BIOS settings to boot from cd/dvd drive before the hard drive, some computers allow you to push F9 to go to the boot menu and select cd/dvd. hope it helps.