First Build Ever --- Lots of Basic Questions

AfghanwarVet

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
HEY ALL! I am brand new to the forum, although I have read it many times for help. I have some basic questions about building my first PC. Sorry if they seem stupid to you guys, but this is my first time. So here is a list of stuff I got for my first build.

i5-3570k
ASUS P8Z77-v LK mobo
Rosewill 630w PSU
PATRIOT DDR3 1600 MHZ (8GB)
WD 7200 RPM, 1 TB, 64 MB Cache HHD
IOLITE DVD Drive
Rosewill Blackhawk case

So here are my questions. First, when I get everything together, can I use a wireless mouse and keyboard while I'm setting up my BIOS? I know it sounds dumb, but I know must wireless stuff needs drivers and I won't be able to install the drivers until after I get things running right?

Next question: Will the ASUS BIOS pretty much choose everything for me, or do I need to enter any parameters? I plan on running the CPU stock now, no overclock. Can the ASUS BIOS auto set everything with just one click?

Anyone set up this mobo with WINDOWS 8? Just curious if they had trouble getting the right drivers?

Some quick build questions too. Will it be better to install the PSU upside down so the fan on top of it is pushing air out? Can I wear latex gloves when putting things together to help avoid ESD?

If anyone can answer these questions I really appreciate the help! Thank you very much!

gussrtk

Honorable

do you have an opening screen on bottom of case like "under" the psu? if you do then mount it down, also does your PSU have dual fan? (one towards inside of case and one towards outside [where plug goes and switch is] not sure if they still make the dual fan cuz my past 2 did not have) and somehow i would think the PSU fan would push air inside, instead of out. never really checked cuz didnt need to until now

AfghanwarVet

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

I actually got everything together, using the new computer to respond to you! The case recommended installing the PSU with the fan pointed down, it has a filter to protect what goes in through the PSU fan. Anyways, got everything up and running now. Thanks for your help.