GTX 560 2GB & FX-8120 @ 3.1 GHZ for Assassins Creed 3?

Hey everyone,
I was planning on purchasing Assassins Creed 3 soon. Will my rig perform well if I plan to run it at on med-high settings at 1920x1080 with the latest Nvidia Beta drivers installed? The main reason why I ask is that I've been hearing troubling things about the PC version of the game not being optimized well. Anyone have a similar set-up and have experience running the game? Thanks for the responses :)

Specs:
GTX 560 2gb Superclocked
FX-8120 @ 3.1 ghz
8 GB RAM
1 TB HD
5 answers Last reply
More about 8120 assassins creed
  1. Play at medium settings if u want high settings buy a new gpu 7970 or 690
  2. hytecgowthaman said:
    Play at medium settings if u want high settings buy a new gpu 7970 or 690

    I seriously doubt I need a $1000 690 to max this game out.
  3. A GTX460 can run at max settings except AA at medium. OC your cpu, AC3 is quite cpu demanding.
  4. EzioAs said:
    A GTX460 can run at max settings except AA at medium. OC your cpu, AC3 is quite cpu demanding.

    Yeah I've heard of people having severe fps drops in major cities due to the additional processing the CPU is forced to do. Hopefully Ubisoft will release some sort of patch for this, because it seems people are having issues regardless of what kind of CPU they have.
  5. Payne500 said:
    Yeah I've heard of people having severe fps drops in major cities due to the additional processing the CPU is forced to do. Hopefully Ubisoft will release some sort of patch for this, because it seems people are having issues regardless of what kind of CPU they have.


    Actually modern Intel CPUs (i3-2100 and above, i5) runs quite good. AMDs cpus as usual in most games, runs quite bad. Having 8 core doesn't really help as the game actually prefers CPU frequency. This is the link to the game performance review. It's in Russian, but I guess you can still understand some of it http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/assassins-creed-iii-test-gpu.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics