My PC keeps freezing on some of my games such as World Racing and Need for
Speed Underground 2. There is noway of getting out of them except switching
the computer off. I was just woundering if any one new why and how I could
stop. My computer meets all the system requirements and is not old at all.

Hi Alex,

"Alex M" <Alex M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2D26B43-0E0A-422A-B328-9013CCADF30C@microsoft.com...
> My PC keeps freezing on some of my games such as World Racing and Need for
> Speed Underground 2. There is noway of getting out of them except switching
> the computer off. I was just woundering if any one new why and how I could
> stop. My computer meets all the system requirements and is not old at all.

Hardware issues can cause freezing, black screens and other
errors. Also, your drivers should always be kept up to date.

Try the following steps one at a time to try and resolve the issue.
I hope this helps. Please post back if you have any questions! :)

1. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk

2. Dust your fans, vents and components using a 1/4" paintbrush
and a hose vacuum. Use compressed air for hard to reach places.
Set a housefan to blow cold air into your case to expose an over-
heating issue.. If it works add more fans or replace defective ones.
Use this Motherboard Monitor Utility: http://mbm.livewiredev.com

3. A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,
and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the
wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ (Min. 350 for gaming)

4. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

Hi jimmy thanks for the reply
I have tryied updating the vidio drivers and all the fans are working ok i
think. The mother board moniter tells me that the P4 3.2Ghz prossor is up to
60 decreases while the games are running, noy sure if this is high. The PSU
is 400W. All the parts are new from about 2/3 months ago. I havent yet tested
the ram could it be the problem? I have 512MB of it plenty for the games.
Microsoft Flight and Age of Empires work ok its jst the other two, they just
stop at the last frame it got to. It does it at various lenghts of playing.
When goes for long enough you can hear the prossor fan speeding up, and i put
the AUX 1 to max.
Also quite often when I switch it on and the log in screen comes up the
mouse does not work only the keyboard and I have to restart the computer
using the keyboard in order to get the mouse to work. The pointer is there it
jst doesnt work. They are a wireless set.

"Alex M" wrote:

> My PC keeps freezing on some of my games such as World Racing and Need for
> Speed Underground 2. There is noway of getting out of them except switching
> the computer off. I was just woundering if any one new why and how I could
> stop. My computer meets all the system requirements and is not old at all.

Iggy

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Have you updated your graphic card drivers? and if running windows xp try
and upgrade to sp2. This may help, if not make sure you have nothing running
in the background , virus scanners etc.I turn my internet connection off as
this helps too
keith

"Alex M" <Alex M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My PC keeps freezing on some of my games such as World Racing and Need for
> Speed Underground 2. There is noway of getting out of them except
switching
> the computer off. I was just woundering if any one new why and how I could
> stop. My computer meets all the system requirements and is not old at all.

Hi
I have upgraded my graphics card drives to what seams to be the latest one,
and I have always used sp2. I will try running the games without the anti
virus.
Thanks
Alex

"iggy" wrote:

> Have you updated your graphic card drivers? and if running windows xp try
> and upgrade to sp2. This may help, if not make sure you have nothing running
> in the background , virus scanners etc.I turn my internet connection off as
> this helps too
> keith
>
> "Alex M" <Alex M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My PC keeps freezing on some of my games such as World Racing and Need for
> > Speed Underground 2. There is noway of getting out of them except
> switching
> > the computer off. I was just woundering if any one new why and how I could
> > stop. My computer meets all the system requirements and is not old at all.

TRENDING THREADS