[Help] Computer keeps restarting

jddg5wa

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
I've had my current computer for the last 5 years with no trouble that I couldn't fix myself. Recently my computer has started to restart on it's own for no reason. Now and then I've gotten a blue screen and even a couple of days ago my computer gave me a screen that looked like:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu322/bNphish/GameCorruption.jpg

After I got that screen I had to restart and run system repair because my computer would not start up. I got it working again but now it is restarting at random times and very inconsistently. I've been able to post this without a restart but I can kind of set up circumstances that will trigger a restart in possibly a couple of minutes. I am pretty sure this is hardware related but I can't be to sure. I know it's not heat related as I have been monitoring my computer heat to make sure but I have been doing a lot of hardcore graphics rendering and I've wondered if that has possibly worn out any hardware. Is there anyway I can figure out what hardware might be messed up without having to buy and replace parts? I don't really have much of a budget to fix my computer so if I can know what I need to replace before I replace anything then that would be good.

Thanks for any feedback.

Also is there any information I should post about my computer that might help others help me better?

I know I should at least include my specs:
• Windows 7 64-bit
• 400w Power Supply
• AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core ~2.2Ghz
• 8192MB Ram
• ATI Radeon HD 5770
• 600GB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive

jddg5wa

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

Is there anyway to test the power supply without trying a different one?

My on board chipset is an ATI Radeon HD 3200. I'll test using it for a while and see if there are any errors. Should I take out my graphics card while testing it out?

jddg5wa

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
So it seems to run fine with the onboard cpu. I haven't had any issues so far and I've run it all day. I'll keep running it this way and see. Is there a possibility that with the graphics card in it is not getting enough power? Is there anything else I could be checking also?

That is right. I don't know what effiency of your PSU, if the PSU is the 80 plus then it can power the whole system. That is why I let you check the GPU or PSU.

Buy the good brand 80 plus PSU like Corsair, Antec, XFX, SeaSonic ( more expensive), some of OCZ ModXStream in your area.