Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
hey guys my pc confriguration are:
intel i5 3570 k
corsair vengence 4 gb
mobo: asus p8z77-vlx
screen resolution 1366x768.(
psu: coolermaster 600w thunder

i need help in choosing a gpu.i had shortlisted zotac gtx 650 ti 2 gb n sapphire hd 7850 oc 2 gb version. Of these after reading many blogs n reviews i have realised that 7850 is faster n better so iam about to buy 7850.what do u guys think?
Is there something iam missing? Also is there a better card in the same price range? n should i go for any other oem other than sapphire?

Also could u guys please tell me is my psu effcient enough for operting this gpu?

this is the link of the gpu iam thinking of ordering...
http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-hd-7850-hdmi-oc-2-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdc2rahtkncpzp?pid=GRCDC2QTHGMGEGH6&ref=7f4b6bf3-7ba3-40bb-b3b7-8ca1cbcbacf1&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=7850%20hd

or
gtx 660
http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-gtx-660-2-gb-gddr5-gv-n660oc-2gd-graphics-card/p/itmdfbptzcztswrn?pid=GRCDFBPSXQAUPPUJ&ref=5a6e840a-2045-4704-bcd7-446eb86796eb&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=gtx%20660

which one should i choose?
thanks for the help guys......

Mahisse

Distinguished
Hey dude. I have almost the same specs as you. I just bought the 7850 as I was looking for a card with best bang for the buck. I too investigated alot of time into finding the right one. Usually I would go for a Nvidia card because I'm just a big fan but I couldn't ignore the price vs. performance so I went ahead and bought a 7850 2 GB. and I can honestly say that I'm pretty happy with it. I got a card for a fair price that can run all the games at highest settings (well I haven't gone full AA on every game yet but I haven't noticed any perfomance drop so far). The 7850 is definitely a good card for the price. BTW I run in 1080 resolution. As I understand it the card is also good for overclocking. I haven't checked prices lately but if there's little difference in price you may as well get a 7870.

abhidivine

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
yeah i too thought nvidia was better but then later realised that amd gave higher graphics processing at a lower price.....nvidia do offer powerful gpus but at a high price...

also can any1 tell me is my psu sufficient enough to supply a hd 7850?

I wouldn't consider the GTX660 or GTX650 Ti to be a high price... as for Sapphire vs others, I'd recommend Asus or MSI. I've owned three Sapphires and they all died within 6 months after the warranty expired. Obviously some people will have had good experiences with them, but for me it's a 100% failure rate!

Mahisse

Distinguished
also can any1 tell me is my psu sufficient enough to supply a hd 7850?

Yeah man. You should be fine. Another good thing about 7850 is that it's not consuming too much power as other cards in it's class. The min. requirements (with a huge saftey margin) is 500W.

as for Sapphire vs others, I'd recommend Asus or MSI. I've owned three Sapphires and they all died within 6 months after the warranty expired. Obviously some people will have had good experiences with them, but for me it's a 100% failure rate!
Shut up! I have a Sapphire. Don't make me that nervous man :D. Naah.. You must've been unlucky because many are satisfied with the Sapphire quality.

abhidivine

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
will this card be able to handle games likes gta 4 and far cry 3 at max setting?
also i would love to run gta 5 when it releases on my pc......
so does anyone have any idea whether this card will be able to run all this games at max setting........note that my screen has a low resolution of 1366x 768 only

It won't handle Far Cry 3 at max and 1080p, but for your resolution... I think it would be close, but it might just about do it. You could step up to a GTX660 if you want a bit more muscle without a lot more cost.

abhidivine

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

abhidivine

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
yeah i know this is the cheapest 660 i found in my country....
but it is a gigabyte gtx 660.....can u check out the link i gave n tell me if this card is gud??i feel as if this card is some inferior version of gtx 660...thereby causing its price to reduce...

abhidivine

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
its just that the clock speed of a general gtx 660 is around 1098 mhz;this one has a clock speed of 980 mhz..so thought this one might be inferior....

Ah well a lot of these are factory overclocked, so they're above standard speed. You wouldn't see more than around 7-8% performance difference though, and you can overclock a standard speed GTX660 to higher speeds than that anyway (though there's not really much point in most cases since it's already very fast).

TRENDING THREADS