Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Please help, buying graphics card 7950

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 18, 2012 10:58:15 AM

Im really stuck im limited to 225 Pounds :(  But what shall i do ?

XFX : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121030024733?ssPageName=STRK:...
Sapphire : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sapphire-Radeon-HD-7950-OC-30...
OR : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAPPHIRE-TECHNOLOGY-Radeon-HD...

I would like the best one that will play Battlefield MAXED Out.
a c 161 U Graphics card
December 18, 2012 11:01:54 AM

Try to find the Vapor-X version of the sapphire, if its too much more take the Sapphire anyway. I have that exact card and its AWESOME...

Dont get the normal version...
December 18, 2012 11:03:54 AM

Novuake said:
Try to find the Vapor-X version of the sapphire, if its too much more take the Sapphire anyway. I have that exact card and its AWESOME...

Dont get the normal version...

Would you be able to link me to one ?

Also does it play BattleFeild MAXED out ? With goof FRAPS ?
Related resources
December 18, 2012 11:08:22 AM

Novuake said:
Try to find the Vapor-X version of the sapphire, if its too much more take the Sapphire anyway. I have that exact card and its AWESOME...

Dont get the normal version...

I just looked it up i cant find any second hand ones, i just need a card that will MAX out on Battle feild and most other games. MAX i can spend is 235
December 18, 2012 11:31:08 AM

Get yourself the Vapor-X version. XFX will never be as reliable. And yes, the 7950 will definitely max out BF3 at 60+. I just got a Sapphire 7870 GHz, and it kills everything I play. The new AMD Never Settle drivers offer a drastic increase in performance for 7000-Series AMD cards.
December 18, 2012 11:37:15 AM

bctande1 said:
Get yourself the Vapor-X version. XFX will never be as reliable. And yes, the 7950 will definitely max out BF3 at 60+. I just got a Sapphire 7870 GHz, and it kills everything I play. The new AMD Never Settle drivers offer a drastic increase in performance for 7000-Series AMD cards.



From watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6o8tk-Z_rI @ 13:18 Seconds. Im tempted for the XFX.
1.Purley as its cheaper 2.It looks like it funs battlefeild SMOOTH.

But then again, the Vapor-X Does look sweet. Is their much difference between them both ?
a c 161 U Graphics card
December 18, 2012 11:52:33 AM

Not that major difference, the Sapphire OC and Vapor-X is faster clocked and slightly more reliable. What XFX does on that video, the Sapphire will just do better. All of them are AMD card of the same chip so technically using a game, all will look pretty much the same. I just find the Sapphires more reliable, quieter and cooler operation...

If you really can't scrounge 20 Pounds for the Vapor-X, just get the Sapphire OC...
December 18, 2012 12:07:22 PM

Novuake said:
Not that major difference, the Sapphire OC and Vapor-X is faster clocked and slightly more reliable. What XFX does on that video, the Sapphire will just do better. All of them are AMD card of the same chip so technically using a game, all will look pretty much the same. I just find the Sapphires more reliable, quieter and cooler operation...

If you really can't scrounge 20 Pounds for the Vapor-X, just get the Sapphire OC...

Right im buying that in about an hour, would some day you be willing to go on teamviewer and overclock my CPU & GPU i am kinda new to it ?
a c 161 U Graphics card
December 18, 2012 12:11:21 PM

TheGamblerUK said:
Right im buying that in about an hour, would some day you be willing to go on teamviewer and overclock my CPU & GPU i am kinda new to it ?


LOL you would need to OC a CPU in BIOS and no id rather not... Many restarts require, but we can discuss it so I could guide you
December 18, 2012 12:19:01 PM

Novuake said:
LOL you would need to OC a CPU in BIOS and no id rather not... Many restarts require, but we can discuss it so I could guide you

Okk thanks, last question for today, would this be ideal ? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-msi-radeon-hd-7950-o...

Or is AMD not too good.

All im going to be using my Graphics card for is Battlefeild & New games etc all MAX Settings as i just got myself a 120poundx2 HD Monitors.
a c 161 U Graphics card
December 18, 2012 12:42:07 PM

AMD is good on the GPU side... Don't worry about that... Still would take the Sapphire.
a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2012 12:49:35 PM

TheGamblerUK said:
Okk thanks, last question for today, would this be ideal ? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-msi-radeon-hd-7950-o...

Or is AMD not too good.

All im going to be using my Graphics card for is Battlefeild & New games etc all MAX Settings as i just got myself a 120poundx2 HD Monitors.


Yes, you should be able to play BF3 at max settings with the MSI card I recommended you from http://www.scan.co.uk
!