mahidoes

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
First my present Configuration
i5-5370K (Not OC bought for HD4000)
2x 4GB Hyper X
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Silverstone Staider Essential 600W
WD Scorpio Black 320GB (Fixed from Laptop)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2406122...in/photostream

Software Usage Priority
Chrome(Maximum 5 tabs)
Adobe Master Collection CS6
HAWX 2

Future Plans
Nvidia Kepler Graphic card (That is the question about)
Will swap present WD Scorpio with intel 128GB SSD and will get 1TB drive for storage

Now i plan to get a graphic card. I essentially don't need but i feel like wasting my PC potential. You can see the above WEI link. My HD4000 can handle most of my GPU day to day task. So i might be needing for Premiere Pro and HAWX 2. Since i have plan to upgrade i might consider playing game such as Battlefield 3 or MOH Warfighter. I'm not a AVID gamer. Main upgrade is for to unlock the potential of my PC. So i don't want to buy a GPU which overpass my configuration AKA overkill. Since i use Premiere pro i don't want to buy AMD (They don't support MPE) I don't need official supported card from adobe since there is a way to make all nvidia card to work.

So suggest me a Nvidia 600 series card for my need?

Solution
I think your in the same situation as I am. I also built a similar spec'd system this fall and will be adding the new GPU after the holidays.

I think a GTX 660 will be more than adequate for your current needs. However you have a powerful processor which will not bottleneck any current GPU, so if you don't mind spending the extra $100 on a GTX 670 the extra investment "may" give you more longevity. Both will handle just about any current games at near max settings on 1080p (although Far Cry 3 may be a sign of things to come).

In my opinion the GTX 660 and GTX 670 are the two best values nVidia currently offers. The 660 is a fully enabled card built around the GK106 chipset. Whereas the GTX 670 is a slightly crippled version of the...

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
from the looks of the rest of your build and your needs, a gtx660 would fit in just perfectly. Would be a lot easier if you had specified your budget and resolution/settings you are looking to game at. And no keplar gpu under the sun would be overkill for your system.

mahidoes

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

I can't afford more than GTX 670 (It doesn't mean i deserve GTX 670). I have 1080p 21.5in AOC IPS Display.

Avenged7x

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I think your in the same situation as I am. I also built a similar spec'd system this fall and will be adding the new GPU after the holidays.

I think a GTX 660 will be more than adequate for your current needs. However you have a powerful processor which will not bottleneck any current GPU, so if you don't mind spending the extra $100 on a GTX 670 the extra investment "may" give you more longevity. Both will handle just about any current games at near max settings on 1080p (although Far Cry 3 may be a sign of things to come).

In my opinion the GTX 660 and GTX 670 are the two best values nVidia currently offers. The 660 is a fully enabled card built around the GK106 chipset. Whereas the GTX 670 is a slightly crippled version of the GK104 chipset which is fully enabled in the GTX 680 and crippled even further in the GTX 660 Ti. The GTX 670 performance is far too close (somewhere around 5 to 10%) to the GTX 680 to justify paying the extra $100 for the 680.

Personally I haven't made my choice yet and it will end up being based on boxing day pricing and wether or I want to gamble $100 on getting a much more powerful card that I may or may not end up needing. The logical and conservative choice is probably the 660, but I can't help but think that with the money I've invested in building the rest of my system with strong components that I should spring for the much stronger GPU.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.