Sign in with
Your question

Whats the Problem with the Intellimouse?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 7, 2003 6:16:02 PM

Well, Im looking into buying a new mouse, since my generic optical seems to have tracking problems with even the slowest of movements. I was thinking of buying a Microsft Intellimouse Explorer v3.0 since it seems to be of high quality and I could get it in a good deal. However, Ive been hearing people say that they have many problems. They can sometimes just cut out, requiring you to remove and insert the connector, and sometimes they double click when you only click once. Are these rumours true? Should I buy a Logitech MX300 Instead (not so good a deal and ive heard the drivers are bad)?

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6752830" target="_new">Yay, I Finally broke the 12k barrier!!</A>
September 8, 2003 2:33:35 AM

i think the logitech is superior

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
September 8, 2003 4:43:22 PM

Ok, I think ill go for that. Sllthough tell me, do I have to install the logitech drivers in order to get full capability out of the MX300 (im talking about the sensor speed, not the button functionality) or will using simple windows drivers make the mouse perform worse (I always thought the MX engine was all in hardware and could not be affected by software, but I may be wrong)

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6752830" target="_new">Yay, I Finally broke the 12k barrier!!</A>
Related resources
September 23, 2003 8:46:34 PM

You don't really need to install the Logitech drivers unless you want to remap the buttons or do something similarly complicated.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>
October 7, 2003 12:06:58 PM

the mx series is the best out there. i use the logitech drivers and everything works great for me.

you'll never use MS mice again. and when you do you'll know how cheaply made they are and how poorly they track compared to the new logitechs.

-----
1700+, Epox 8RDA, 512MB DDR266 DualDDR, Radeon 9800 Pro, Audigy, Logitech Z560s, MX500, Maxtor 80gig 8mb cache
!