Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card not recognised

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 18, 2012 12:46:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I just got a new mb a msi z68a-gd55 coz my old one died. I'm having issues with the graphics card. the system isn't recognising the card. i have 2 and tried both and no go. I have read about disabling the intergrated graphics. What I want to know is, if you disable the intergrated graphics and try the pcie slot and it doesn't work, will the monitor be black? will i be able to see anything ?? please help??

thanks
a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2012 1:43:49 PM

have you went to bios and set video from integrated to pcie? make sure you have everything connected correctly...the fan on the dedicated graphics is spinning when powered on
m
l
December 19, 2012 1:14:47 AM

Hi,

I couldnt find anywhere in bios to change from intergrated to pcie. I tried disabling the intergrated graphics in device manager but that didnt work either.

is there somewhere in bios of this system to change to pcie??

oh yeah when i connect the gfx card and dont connect the power cable to it. the system runs as normal and fan on gfx card spins anyway. when i do connect the power cable to the gfx card, windows wont load (well i dont know coz the monitor stays black) and thats with the monitor cable still attached to the intergrated port and also the gfx cards port. either way same thing happens.
m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2012 3:17:04 AM

Well I sucked it up and took one of the gfx cards to a computer store to test it to see if it would get recognised, cost me 10 bucks and got the answer i suspected but hoped not for, a "your card not working" and so seeing both cards are doing the same thing, i didnt even bother testing the other one.
so now i've upgraded from hd 6770 xfired to now the 7770 xfired. I put one of the cards in and nearly had a heart attack cos the computer switched off again and started up just like the other cards and i thought f...ing hell its not the cards, but this time the screen came on...YAY!!!!!!!!!! so i just installed the drivers for it and she's looking sweet, thank god so now its time to pop the other card in. fingers crossed x
for thos of you that think hd7770 xfired is a wasted of money (maybe maybenot) check out this site and the test restults. VERY INTERESTING

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_7750_7770_Cro...
m
l
December 30, 2012 5:40:44 AM

admin you may close this thread as the answer has been found and I don't know how to if I am suppose to do it.

thanks and happy new year
m
l
!