mark

I want to play Beach Life, but I don't know whether it
will work with my outdated Voodoo 3 3500 graphics card,

The games specs require a Direct X 8.1 compatible card,
and I have been updating my computer

Any help?

"Mark" <Mark_jones_002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to play Beach Life, but I don't know whether it
> will work with my outdated Voodoo 3 3500 graphics card,
>
> The games specs require a Direct X 8.1 compatible card,
> and I have been updating my computer

It may or may not, I know 3rd parties have released DirectX 8 drivers for
the card. The game is probably referring to 8.1 driver support and not
hardware, so that does give it a chance of running - I wouldn't bet on
decent performance though.

However for about twice the cost of the game you could pick up a budget
graphics card that'll work fine with it.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.