Closed Solved

Is my 450w psu enough for GTX 560 Ti

Hi i am looking into buying either a GeForce GTX 560 Ti or the GTX 650 2GB Ti but i am worried that my 450w psu wont be able to run the GTX 560 Ti because i saw that it has higher power consumption and i really don't want to buy a new psu at the moment my money is a bit tight.

Thanx
26 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 450w
  1. if you're worried about your PSU then get 650 Ti. performance wise they should be close
  2. If it's really a good one(full power delivery @good temps and from a quality brand), it can do for a 560 ti(cutting it close), the psu must have also two 6-pin pcie connectors.
    If your psu doesn't meet the requirements above described, i recommend going with the 650ti.
  3. So saving for a psu might be necessary
  4. REEPERKILL said:
    So saving for a psu might be necessary


    That's correct.

    @renz: GTX 560 Ti is quite a bit stronger than GTX 650 Ti. It's in between HD 7850 and GTX 650 Ti performance, around in the middle.
  5. What brand and model is your PSU exactly?

    If it's a solid one you might be ok. But I've seen many cheap no-name PSU not able to deliver the power they advertise.
  6. That's the thing i have no idea what psu i have.

    Will a gigabyte odin 470w or
    GIGABYTE POWEROCK AX Series 500W meet the requirements?

    I don't exactly know what the dual 6pin means
  7. Stick with quality brands. That is Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, FSP, Antec.
  8. Or Thermaltake LitePower™ 450Watt Power Supply
  9. Thermaltake wasn't on my list -> Avoid it. Aim for 500 watts at least as well for GTX 560 Ti.
  10. The GIGABYTE POWEROCK AX 500W specifications are:

    (20+4)-pin Motherboard Connector 1
    (4+4)-pin +12V CPU Connector 1
    (6+2)-pin PCI-E 2.0 Connector 2
    SATA Connectors 6
    4-pin Peripheral Connectors 4
    4-pin Floppy Connector 1
    Info
    AC INPUT 115Vac/230Vac 10A/5A 47/63Hz
    DC OUTPUT +3.3V +5V +12V1 +12V2 -12V +5Vsb
    OUTPUT CURRENT 13A 18A 20A 20A 0.5A 2A
    32A
    110W 384W
    MAX COMBINED WATTAGE 500W

    Does it indicate anywhere that i can use this psu? I might even be able to get the 600W one
  11. 408 watts at 12 volts(thermaltake one) does not seem bad to me.

    BUT

    It only seems to have 1 6 pin pci-e cable and a 4 pin cpu power cable and not the 8 found more often today.

    Unless they have updated it to include those it may be interesting(many do NOT want to use adapters.). Can not recommend it despite have the power needed, it lacks in plugs
  12. It's not a good power supply unit. The amount of amperes on 12V rail is too little.
  13. Best answer
    Yes, the 500w or the 600w will do, but i recommend looking for an antec,xfx, seasonic.
    It has a total 36A in it's +12v rails
  14. I know its not the best psu. but will it be able to support the GTX560 Ti for a whilst untill i saved up for a better psu?
  15. Is that what you have now? Because it's not worth wasting money if you don't.
  16. REEPERKILL said:
    I know its not the best psu. but will it be able to support the GTX560 Ti for a whilst untill i saved up for a better psu?

    The 560Ti is not that power hungry so if you are willing to chance it for a short time then you may get away with it.
  17. I want an image of the current power supplies sticker :)

    I am running the 650 ti(less power then the 560 ti) on a 300 watt power supply...mwaaaaaahaaahaaaahaaaaa!!!

    The 560 ti seems to hang right in with the HD 5870 power wise, not quite a lightweight. My 5870 system tends to hang in the 250 watt(at the wall) range on most games, but can get up to 360 or so with OCCT's power supply test
  18. I will look around a bit more for a Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, FSP, or a Antec psu.
  19. Is it overall worth it to upgrade PSU and to buy the GTX560 ti or should i just keep my current psu and buy the GTX650 2GB Ti?
  20. FSP is an OEM for many other companies as well. That thermaltake was a FSP power supply.

    Seasonic makes many(but not all) of the XFX/Antec/Corsair units as well.

    You may also find some decent OCZ power supplies as well.

    Edit for your last post.

    The 650 is slower, so it is up to you.

    Check this review. Look at the games then see what you think. I got this card because it is QUIET and runs on my 300 watt power supply :)
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_650_Ti_Power_Edition/3.html
  21. In think you better off saving for a new psu, and a 660 gtx.
  22. nukemaster said:
    FSP is an OEM for many other companies as well. That thermaltake was a FSP power supply.

    Seasonic makes many(but not all) of the XFX/Antec/Corsair units as well.

    You may also find some decent OCZ power supplies as well.

    Edit for your last post.

    The 650 is slower, so it is up to you.

    Check this review. Look at the games then see what you think. I got this card because it is QUIET and runs on my 300 watt power supply :)
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_650_Ti_Power_Edition/3.html


    Thanx ill look into it. I think i am gonna go with a new PSU because i might also be able to get a GTX570
  23. Why not a 660 gtx ? It's better, and consumes much less power than the 570 and it's a from the recent generation of nvidia cards.

    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_660_Twin_Frozr_III/images/perfrel_1920.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_660_Twin_Frozr_III/images/power_maximum.gif
  24. djangoringo said:
    Why not a 660 gtx ? It's better, and consumes much less power than the 570 and it's a from the recent generation of nvidia cards.

    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_660_Twin_Frozr_III/images/perfrel_1920.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_660_Twin_Frozr_III/images/power_maximum.gif


    I see so. Then i guess my aim is the GTX660
  25. Sunius said:
    Stick with quality brands. That is Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, FSP, Antec.


    Just stick to the list that Sunius gave you.
  26. Best answer selected by REEPERKILL.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Power Consumption Geforce Graphics