Closed Solved

AMD vs Nvidia

AMD vs Nvidia
AMD radeon 7850 2GB vs Nvidia 660 GTX 2GB (Non ti) ... who is better for gaming ? OR
AMD radeon 7850 2GB vs Nvidia 560 GTX ti ? ... for gamin too
......
Gonna put one of these card with :
RAM : 8 GB kingston HyperX
Processor : Intel core i5
MoBo : Asus P8Z77-M
PSU 600 W
Case : Zalman Z11 plus
________________________
Who is better for these parts ?
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nvidia
  1. 660 GTX > 7850 2GB > 560TI in terms of performance.
    Get the 660 gtx.
  2. That 1st one is a hard one. I personally would go with the 660

    Once the HD 8000 Series comes out from AMD , Im sure Ill be recommending the 8850.
    (Uggh it hurts to say that)

    Btw, What resolution do you want to play at?
  3. 8000 series won't be out for at least 3 months. At least not the mid range cards.
  4. Sunius said:
    8000 series won't be out for at least 3 months. At least not the mid range cards.


    and even then expect to pay a lot. just look at what amd tried charging for the 7000 series when they were first released. don't get the 560 ti unless its dirt cheap.
  5. Here is Tom's Hardware Graphics Cards Hierarchy Chart it might help you decide:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

    You could also consider the 7870 which costs a little less than the 660 but performs close to it.
  6. simmons33 said:
    That 1st one is a hard one. I personally would go with the 660

    Once the HD 8000 Series comes out from AMD , Im sure Ill be recommending the 8850.
    (Uggh it hurts to say that)

    Btw, What resolution do you want to play at?


    1920x1080 ... :/ , the 660 gtx 2gb is recommended , right ?
    and the Asus P8Z77-M is gonna fit with the 660 GTX ? is it a good mobo ?
  7. It's ok mobo, though I'd get non-M version. It will work with GTX 660, though.
  8. Sunius said:
    It's ok mobo, though I'd get non-M version. It will work with GTX 660, though.



    Can you give a nice mobo ? (the same price as the asus p8z77-m)
  9. the 7870 would be the comparison on the 660. it comes down to how much you want to spend.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-4.html
  10. NabeehNakhleh said:
    Can you give a nice mobo ? (the same price as the asus p8z77-m)


    Asrock Z77 Extreme3
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H

    All of them should be priced similarly.
  11. Sunius said:
    Asrock Z77 Extreme3
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H

    All of them should be priced similarly.



    Aha , thx a lot ;)
  12. jonjonjon said:
    the 7870 would be the comparison on the 660. it comes down to how much you want to spend.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-4.html


    how about the 660 GTX ti 3GB ?
  13. the 660ti is a little faster overall. a lot depends on your budget and how much you can find the card for. it pretty much comes down to if you think its worth paying X more for X more performance. the link below you can compare their performances.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_7950_X2_Boost/28.html
  14. jonjonjon said:
    the 660ti is a little faster overall. a lot depends on your budget and how much you can find the card for. it pretty much comes down to if you think its worth paying X more for X more performance. the link below you can compare their performances.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_7950_X2_Boost/28.html


    It will be better if I get the AMD radeon 7950 3GB ? (for gaming)
  15. As you can see in the like jonjonjon posted, GTX 660 Ti and HD 7950 and overall same performance. So it wouldn't matter :).
  16. Sunius said:
    As you can see in the like jonjonjon posted, GTX 660 Ti and HD 7950 and overall same performance. So it wouldn't matter :).


    Aha :) , Thanks ;) , there is one thing that I don't know what to do about it , it's the motherboard ! I don't know what to buy , I want the same budget as the Asus P8Z77-M
  17. Didn't I give you three suggestions already?
  18. Sunius said:
    Didn't I give you three suggestions already?


    Ah sorry I forgot to edit my comment , I wanted to ask , is the motherboards you gave me ,gives a good performance at gaming ?,,,,Is it fit with the 7950 ?
  19. Best answer
    Better performance - probably no. But future upgradeability, processor overclockability and expansion slots are much better than the P8Z77-M. It will fit with HD 7950 without any problems.
  20. Best answer selected by NabeehNakhleh.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards AMD Nvidia Graphics