Sign in with
Your question

Would a radeon 6570 work well on my 220 watt psu?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 18, 2012 9:03:05 PM

Hello,

Just stopped by to get a quick answer on something that's been on my mind for a while now: will my psu run an okay video card?
From what I've seen, the 6570 juuuust fits the psu of my pc. However, I want to be sure. its tdp is around 50 watts, and my pc is an HP, so the psu isn't really cheap. (though its probably still crappy)
My PC specs are as follows:
Athlon II x2 250 3 ghz processor
4 gb ram
geforce 6150 se nforce 430 integrated graphics
220 watt psu

My primary reason for upgrading is for gaming, nothing too big though. Primarily source games like portal 2 and css, also some torchlight 2, oblivion, minecraft, other hardware light games.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
December 18, 2012 9:26:15 PM

Thats too bad- it looked like that one fit my needs perfectly...
But are there any other cards that would run the games I listed on med-high settings >30 fps?
Oh, and btw, I would need a low profile card.
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 9:34:50 PM

jimwize said:
Thats too bad- it looked like that one fit my needs perfectly...
But are there any other cards that would run the games I listed on med-high settings >30 fps?
Oh, and btw, I would need a low profile card.

Personally, I would save a little bit of money and include a new PSU into your upgrade. With any card your going to want a quality power supply. The majority of pre builts use crap brands and barely get passed the basic requirements. PSU's are relatively cheap.. You could find one for as low as $40 of a quality brand like corsair, xfx, seasonic etc.

And it's always something u can carry over to a future build.
m
l
a c 564 U Graphics card
December 18, 2012 9:39:29 PM

What's the HP model number of your system?

Is it a slim form factor system model that requires a TFX form factor power supply unit?
m
l
!