Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Good pre-built computer?

Last response: in Systems
February 3, 2013 3:44:11 AM

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1688...

I found this computer on Newegg.ca, and it looks to be quite good. Could you tell me what you think of this computer? If there are any better ones that you can find, please tell me.

Country of origin: Canada

Must be a Canadian website! (I.E. Newegg.ca)

Budget: Would REALLY like to keep it around 500-600, but only 600 if I really need to.

Preferred brands: Really anything but: Acer, HP and Dell. All the rest are great. (iBuypower and Cyberpower are brands that I like)

Purpose: A lot of gaming, maybe some Youtube, video editing, photo editing, etc. My primary games would be: Ace of Spades, Team Fortress 2, Portal, and Battlefield, if possible. Preferably Medium to Ultra settings for those games.

I know I'm asking for a lot for a small budget, but if you could respond, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Eboy

February 3, 2013 4:06:32 AM

Not really looking for full 1080p. Maybe, like 720P or so.
Score
Related resources
February 3, 2013 4:17:06 AM

Oh yes, custom building for me is not an option.
Score

Best solution

February 3, 2013 4:54:09 AM

Hi,

I couldn't find a better gaming PC for under $600. However, you may wish to consider the following:

The CPU is better and the graphics card is better.

However, the MAIN reason I recommend this is because the i5-3570 is quite a good CPU and if you want to simply add a better graphics card in the future you can and won't be bottlenecked as much as the FX-4100.

Summary:
Your choice of gaming PC is very good for the budget, and will play many games nicely. The only alternative I could recommend was $140 more. I would be guessing at an average 20% improvement (it varies between games) and the i5-3570 is a little more future-proof for adding a better graphics card in say two or three years to extend the life of your PC.

Both choices have their Pros and Cons.
February 3, 2013 2:24:54 PM

photonboy said:
Hi,

I couldn't find a better gaming PC for under $600. However, you may wish to consider the following:

The CPU is better and the graphics card is better.

However, the MAIN reason I recommend this is because the i5-3570 is quite a good CPU and if you want to simply add a better graphics card in the future you can and won't be bottlenecked as much as the FX-4100.

Summary:
Your choice of gaming PC is very good for the budget, and will play many games nicely. The only alternative I could recommend was $140 more. I would be guessing at an average 20% improvement (it varies between games) and the i5-3570 is a little more future-proof for adding a better graphics card in say two or three years to extend the life of your PC.

Both choices have their Pros and Cons.

Thanks a lot photonboy, but I really do value my hard drive space quite a bit, and I really cant afford to go over my price range. I really appreciate the response, and I think I will choose the one that was under $600. I will be planning to upgrade the parts when the time comes. Thanks though! :o 
Score
February 3, 2013 2:25:43 PM

Best answer selected by Eboyeboy5.
Score
!