Nice new Punkbuster updating tool

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Evenbalance have released an open beta of a new GUI tool to manage updates
to PB client (and server) files for all games that use PB on your PC.

I guess this will eventually replace pbweb.exe. It's much nicer to use.

You can get the windows version from :

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup.exe

Lorian [AGB]
www.agbgaming.com
6 answers Last reply
More about nice punkbuster updating tool
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message
    > Evenbalance have released an open beta of a new GUI tool to manage updates
    > to PB client (and server) files for all games that use PB on your PC.
    >
    > I guess this will eventually replace pbweb.exe. It's much nicer to use.
    >
    > You can get the windows version from :
    >
    > http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup.exe
    >
    > Lorian [AGB]
    > www.agbgaming.com

    Very nice, thankyou Lorian, well appreciated!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Lorian waffled:
    > Evenbalance have released an open beta of a new GUI tool to manage updates
    > to PB client (and server) files for all games that use PB on your PC.
    >
    > I guess this will eventually replace pbweb.exe. It's much nicer to use.
    >
    > You can get the windows version from :
    >
    > http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup.exe

    Cheers for that link, I may try it but I find pbweb.exe easy enough - it
    doesn't take too much in the way of grey matter to get it working
    although I do realise why they needed a GUI version because having spoke
    to many users they are not exactly tech-savvy :O)

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <42e51783$0$31285$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>,
    nospam@lorian.nod says...
    > Evenbalance have released an open beta of a new GUI tool to manage updates
    > to PB client (and server) files for all games that use PB on your PC.
    >
    > I guess this will eventually replace pbweb.exe. It's much nicer to use.
    >
    > You can get the windows version from :
    >
    > http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup.exe

    Working nicely,only thing i dont like is that i cannot find were its
    installed.
    So every time i wanna try it i use the *.exe that i downloaded. :-/
    --
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
    beat you with experience."

    Tiny Pat <flyace@pi.be.NO> wrote in

    > Working nicely,only thing i dont like is that i cannot find were its
    > installed.
    > So every time i wanna try it i use the *.exe that i downloaded. :-/

    Drop it in a new empty directory and create a desktop shortcut pointing at
    it. I don't need a fancy installer to do that for me.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <Xns969EC01E86E5Fscratchmonkey@216.196.97.142>,
    scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
    > Drop it in a new empty directory and create a desktop shortcut pointing at
    > it. I don't need a fancy installer to do that for me.

    Shurely will do that,but its still the *.exe you start right?
    --
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
    beat you with experience."
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Tiny Pat" <flyace@pi.NO.be> wrote in message
    > In article <Xns969EC01E86E5Fscratchmonkey@216.196.97.142>,
    > scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
    >> Drop it in a new empty directory and create a desktop shortcut pointing at
    >> it. I don't need a fancy installer to do that for me.
    >
    > Shurely will do that,but its still the *.exe you start right?

    Yes, they confused matters by calling it pbsetup which makes you think it
    unpacks and installs somewhere but that is the whole program (except the bits it
    downloads)

Battlefield Games Servers Video Games