Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nice new Punkbuster updating tool

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 9:47:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Evenbalance have released an open beta of a new GUI tool to manage updates
to PB client (and server) files for all games that use PB on your PC.

I guess this will eventually replace pbweb.exe. It's much nicer to use.

You can get the windows version from :

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup...

Lorian [AGB]
www.agbgaming.com
July 25, 2005 11:11:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message
news:42e51783$0$31285$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...
> Evenbalance have released an open beta of a new GUI tool to manage updates
> to PB client (and server) files for all games that use PB on your PC.
>
> I guess this will eventually replace pbweb.exe. It's much nicer to use.
>
> You can get the windows version from :
>
> http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup...
>
> Lorian [AGB]
> www.agbgaming.com
>


Very nice, thankyou Lorian, well appreciated!
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:22:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Lorian waffled:
> Evenbalance have released an open beta of a new GUI tool to manage updates
> to PB client (and server) files for all games that use PB on your PC.
>
> I guess this will eventually replace pbweb.exe. It's much nicer to use.
>
> You can get the windows version from :
>
> http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup...

Cheers for that link, I may try it but I find pbweb.exe easy enough - it
doesn't take too much in the way of grey matter to get it working
although I do realise why they needed a GUI version because having spoke
to many users they are not exactly tech-savvy :o )

--
Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service
------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com&lt;<<<<<------
Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access
Related resources
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:51:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

In article <42e51783$0$31285$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>,
nospam@lorian.nod says...
> Evenbalance have released an open beta of a new GUI tool to manage updates
> to PB client (and server) files for all games that use PB on your PC.
>
> I guess this will eventually replace pbweb.exe. It's much nicer to use.
>
> You can get the windows version from :
>
> http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup...

Working nicely,only thing i dont like is that i cannot find were its
installed.
So every time i wanna try it i use the *.exe that i downloaded. :-/
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:51:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Tiny Pat <flyace@pi.be.NO> wrote in
news:MPG.1d4fa76443d8b19a98a57b@news.telenet.be:

> Working nicely,only thing i dont like is that i cannot find were its
> installed.
> So every time i wanna try it i use the *.exe that i downloaded. :-/

Drop it in a new empty directory and create a desktop shortcut pointing at
it. I don't need a fancy installer to do that for me.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:06:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

In article <Xns969EC01E86E5Fscratchmonkey@216.196.97.142>,
scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
> Drop it in a new empty directory and create a desktop shortcut pointing at
> it. I don't need a fancy installer to do that for me.

Shurely will do that,but its still the *.exe you start right?
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:30:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

"Tiny Pat" <flyace@pi.NO.be> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d50378325ba905b989695@news.sunsite.dk...
> In article <Xns969EC01E86E5Fscratchmonkey@216.196.97.142>,
> scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com says...
>> Drop it in a new empty directory and create a desktop shortcut pointing at
>> it. I don't need a fancy installer to do that for me.
>
> Shurely will do that,but its still the *.exe you start right?

Yes, they confused matters by calling it pbsetup which makes you think it
unpacks and installs somewhere but that is the whole program (except the bits it
downloads)
!