Re-installing windows 8 over windows 8

abuelitojd

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Hello,
I bought and downloaded windows 8 OS. My problem is my sound stops working shortly after a restart. Second problem my chrome browser doesn't work right. Can I re install windows 8 without uninstalling windows 8, going back to windows 7 and starting over? Or any other suggestions? BTW my internet access is not always recognized. I have an HP G70 460US laptop that I originally upgraded from Vista to Win 7. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Windows 8 has a built in option for refreshing or resetting your computer. From your charms tab - click settings then select change pc settings. Then General and scroll down. There are a few options there for troubleshooting the computer including "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" or "Remove everything and reinstall Windows". (You can also search from your start screen for either of those or "PC Settings"

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Windows 8 has a built in option for refreshing or resetting your computer. From your charms tab - click settings then select change pc settings. Then General and scroll down. There are a few options there for troubleshooting the computer including "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" or "Remove everything and reinstall Windows". (You can also search from your start screen for either of those or "PC Settings"

Solution

abuelitojd

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

Thanks for the info, Win8 is completely new to me so I don't know the best route. I tried the refresh option mentioned above and in the windows 8 "change pc settings " area. As I recall, the refresh option said it would remove every app I had gotten from a source other than Microsoft, whether bought from an outside source or downloaded. It also indicated that it would show me a list of the apps removed. It pretty well cleaned up my desktop, (I had too much anyway), any way I can restore some of the apps, such as my quicken program, etc.?

abuelitojd

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

Thanks for the info, Win8 is completely new to me so I don't know the best route. I tried the refresh option mentioned above and in the windows 8 "change pc settings " area. As I recall, the refresh option said it would remove every app I had gotten from a source other than Microsoft, whether bought from an outside source or downloaded. It also indicated that it would show me a list of the apps removed. It pretty well cleaned up my desktop, (I had too much anyway), any way I can restore some of the apps, such as my quicken program, etc.?

abuelitojd

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
I reloaded my quicken and it works ok. I still don't have sound unless I restart and then only for a while. How do I enable my sound? Now it is not working on my desktop as well as my laptop!

TRENDING THREADS