Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Run gta4 smoothly

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 18, 2012 10:46:19 PM

Guys my pc configuration is :
Amd phenom 2 x2
4gb ddr3 ram
500gb hdd
Sapphire ati redeon hd6450 2gb graphic card

Plz tell me graphic setting for running gta4 smoothly without any lag..
What should be setting for
View Distance, Detail Distance,Vehicle Density,Shadow Density
And game look blurry..
Need solution guys

More about : run gta4 smoothly

December 18, 2012 11:20:24 PM

a 6450 is an htpc card not a gaming card. Let us know how much you have to spend on upgrading your system.
December 18, 2012 11:36:27 PM

set the resolution to as low as possible.
Related resources
Anonymous
December 18, 2012 11:59:27 PM

Solution, replace GPU with at least 6670
December 19, 2012 12:08:30 AM

Since we are on the topic, what does it take to run GTA smoothly?

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
16GB DDR3 1600
Core i7 860 3.4 ghz
Vertex 3 MAX IOPS
GTX 680 2GB OC

Running everything max 1920x1080, the benchmark gives me 66FPS however during gameplay frame rate dips to 20s far to often to make it enjoyable.

What the hell do I upgrade to?
December 19, 2012 12:36:28 AM

alex14469 said:
Since we are on the topic, what does it take to run GTA smoothly?

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
16GB DDR3 1600
Core i7 860 3.4 ghz
Vertex 3 MAX IOPS
GTX 680 2GB OC

Running everything max 1920x1080, the benchmark gives me 66FPS however during gameplay frame rate dips to 20s far to often to make it enjoyable.

What the hell do I upgrade to?


You CPU, but setting draw distance to 100 always kills fps and isn't really necessary, the only time you'll see all the extra stuff being rendered is in a chopper.

@OP To play it properly, your probably looking at a new machine, but a low end gaming card would certainly improve things...CPU is always the bottleneck in GTA4, modern low end gaming cards will max out the textures etc..
December 19, 2012 12:45:01 AM

alex14469 said:
Since we are on the topic, what does it take to run GTA smoothly?

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
16GB DDR3 1600
Core i7 860 3.4 ghz
Vertex 3 MAX IOPS
GTX 680 2GB OC

Running everything max 1920x1080, the benchmark gives me 66FPS however during gameplay frame rate dips to 20s far to often to make it enjoyable.

What the hell do I upgrade to?



GTA4 is cpu hungry, you need to overclock your cpu.
December 19, 2012 2:07:39 AM

Bro I just purchesed this 2gb graphic card...so I can't invest more money on it...And plz tell me what detail distance, and view distance, vehicle setting value should I use..
Plz can't invest more money on my system
December 19, 2012 2:18:57 AM

Aniket25 said:
Bro I just purchesed this 2gb graphic card...so I can't invest more money on it...And plz tell me what detail distance, and view distance, vehicle setting value should I use..
Plz can't invest more money on my system


why you opted for hd 6450.it is bad card not for gaming. you should get hd5570 at same price
December 19, 2012 2:48:40 AM

GTA will never run smooth. It was a poorly optimized game with no sli or cfx support. I have a i7 2600k@4.8,8gigs of corsair 1600 ram and a gtx 680 and I still have dips into the low 40's but its just something you have to be okay with. Im sure you may be able to push the envelope if you move the sliders all the way down but I didn't buy a $500 card to move sliders down. The game is very cpu and ram heavy and I hope the give the pc version of GTA V love cause there is no way Im getting this for my 360.
December 19, 2012 3:33:32 AM

Plz tell me why game look blurry...
And what setting you use to play game ...
December 19, 2012 3:35:24 AM

And before 15 days I brought this graphic card from flipcart.com so is there any chance to replace the product
December 19, 2012 4:08:41 AM

regarding the blurriness , just to make sure; you're not playing this on an HDTV are you? and is your monitor/tv and game settings at the monitor's/tv's native resolution?
December 19, 2012 5:39:52 AM

Aniket25 said:
And before 15 days I brought this graphic card from flipcart.com so is there any chance to replace the product


i think so there is 30days replacement from flipkart.contact them and see what they tell
December 19, 2012 5:59:45 AM

why are you asking people what setting you should run the game i mean seriously you have the options menu right there experiment and lower some stuff then see if you have a good performance hit. Lowering your resolution should give you a performance boost
December 19, 2012 7:21:24 AM

Bro should I increase the value of view detail distance, or decrease the value for getting good performance...
In game setting
December 19, 2012 7:25:50 AM

ASHISH65 said:
i think so there is 30days replacement from flipkart.contact them and see what they tell

Bro they.told me that they replace only damage and faulty product within one month....

is there any other way to replace product
December 19, 2012 8:57:47 AM

Aniket25 said:
Bro they.told me that they replace only damage and faulty product within one month....

is there any other way to replace product


no other way.you can also sell out that card to any one
December 19, 2012 9:04:53 AM

bro try these settings might help-

res-1024*768
texture quality-high
reflection resolution- low
water quality-low
shadow quality- low
texture filter quality-high
view distance-10
detail distance-20
definition-on
vsync-off

update your driver to latest.

imp: update gta patch to 1.0.0.4
December 19, 2012 4:15:59 PM

Bro I installed 1.7 razor patch...
is it possible to install 1.4 patch on it...
I will try this setting n tell.u what happen.
And after updating graphic card driver does it improve game performance..
N how ..? :p 
Plz ans...
December 20, 2012 12:35:48 PM

Aniket25 said:
Bro I installed 1.7 razor patch...
is it possible to install 1.4 patch on it...
I will try this setting n tell.u what happen.
And after updating graphic card driver does it improve game performance..
N how ..? :p 
Plz ans...


yes updating to latest drivers boost performance.

it is not possible to patch 1.4 to patch 1.4.

play with 1.7 and see what happens
January 2, 2013 6:58:15 AM

You can run gta 4 smoothly . By the following steps :

1.uninstall the game.

2.update your direct x .

3.update your graphics card and sound card .

4. Re-install the game .

5. You should have at least 2GB of RAM to run it smoothly .

I hope I helped you all. :) 
January 2, 2013 7:10:33 AM

I almost forgot that you should have latest patch to do this. If it doesn't work then your computer is a mess .
January 2, 2013 7:18:28 AM

It does did you tried by doing it . If it doesn't re-install the game .
January 12, 2013 6:01:44 PM

alex14469 said:
Since we are on the topic, what does it take to run GTA smoothly?

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
16GB DDR3 1600
Core i7 860 3.4 ghz
Vertex 3 MAX IOPS
GTX 680 2GB OC

Running everything max 1920x1080, the benchmark gives me 66FPS however during gameplay frame rate dips to 20s far to often to make it enjoyable.

What the hell do I upgrade to?

I got an ASUS Direct CU II Top GTX 680 and i get solid SUPER HIGH Frame rates, whats the problem the your GTX 680?
January 12, 2013 6:05:50 PM

Aniket25 said:
Plz tell me why game look blurry...
And what setting you use to play game ...

You might have accidentally pressed 'P' while playing (how the hell can you play with lower-than-hell video card that you got?)
Press 'P' again while playing.
Pressing 'P' activates Motion Blur, I think.
February 2, 2013 2:42:31 PM

alex14469 said:
Since we are on the topic, what does it take to run GTA smoothly?

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
16GB DDR3 1600
Core i7 860 3.4 ghz
Vertex 3 MAX IOPS
GTX 680 2GB OC

Running everything max 1920x1080, the benchmark gives me 66FPS however during gameplay frame rate dips to 20s far to often to make it enjoyable.

What the hell do I upgrade to?

Maybe to an Intel Core i7 3960X or a Intel Core i7 3770K
and to an NVIDIA GTX 690 or a much more powerful Radeon HD 7990.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JUST CHILLIN'
February 2, 2013 2:52:35 PM

silky salamandr said:
GTA will never run smooth. It was a poorly optimized game with no sli or cfx support. I have a i7 2600k@4.8,8gigs of corsair 1600 ram and a gtx 680 and I still have dips into the low 40's but its just something you have to be okay with. Im sure you may be able to push the envelope if you move the sliders all the way down but I didn't buy a $500 card to move sliders down. The game is very cpu and ram heavy and I hope the give the pc version of GTA V love cause there is no way Im getting this for my 360.



I think its the problem of your Graphics Card, because I also have one - ASUS Direct CU II GTX 680 and I get High Frame Rates with it.
February 2, 2013 3:05:48 PM

How did the words "HIGH Frame Rates" in one of my comments get converted into an advertisement? THIS IS BAD!!! >:-(
!