Trouble Running childrens program!

February 23, 2005 4:33:03 PM

I am trying to install "Adventure Workshop Preschool-1st Grade" (software
from The Learning Company) and it let me install the program, but as it
begins to run, an error appears, saying,"Seuss_PS has encountered a problem
and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Seuss_PS is the
name of the program. If anyone knows how to solve this problem I would be
thankful.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 11:56:37 PM

From:-

http://support.selectsoft.com/customer40/ViewCase.asp?C...

Knowledge Base Detail

When I run Dr. Seuss preschool, it brings up a little splash screen
with a start button (also exit, help, readme, and uninstall buttons).
When I press start, I get a dialog, saying:

Seuss_PS has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for the inconvenience.

When I click for more data, it says:

AppName: seuss.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: seuss.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 00021119
CATEGORIES:

* * Problem Type == Program Error or Fault
* * Operating System == Windows XP Home
* Learning Company == Dr. Suess`s Kindergarten

Article ID: 491

Date Created: 08/28/2003 Last Modification Date: 10/01/2003

Resolution:
I was able to resolve the problem by right clicking on the Dr. Seuss
Preschool icon, choosing properties, selecting the compatibility tab,
and choosing Windows 98 compatibility.