from The Learning Company) and it let me install the program, but as it
begins to run, an error appears, saying,"Seuss_PS has encountered a problem
and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Seuss_PS is the
name of the program. If anyone knows how to solve this problem I would be
thankful.
1 answer Last reply
More about trouble running childrens program

    From:-

    http://support.selectsoft.com/customer40/ViewCase.asp?Casenum=491&ReturnPage=FAQ

    Knowledge Base Detail

    When I run Dr. Seuss preschool, it brings up a little splash screen
    with a start button (also exit, help, readme, and uninstall buttons).
    When I press start, I get a dialog, saying:

    Seuss_PS has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    for the inconvenience.

    When I click for more data, it says:

    AppName: seuss.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: seuss.exe
    ModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 00021119
    CATEGORIES:

    * * Problem Type == Program Error or Fault
    * * Operating System == Windows XP Home
    * Learning Company == Dr. Suess`s Kindergarten

    Article ID: 491

    Date Created: 08/28/2003 Last Modification Date: 10/01/2003

    Resolution:
    I was able to resolve the problem by right clicking on the Dr. Seuss
    Preschool icon, choosing properties, selecting the compatibility tab,
    and choosing Windows 98 compatibility.

Microsoft Windows XP