Closed Solved

GPU Upgrade for Core 2 Duo System

Hello everybody, I'd like to get some advice on picking out a graphics card. I run an older Core 2 Duo running at 2.5GHZ, so I'm wondering what would be the best graphics card I can buy without too much of a bottleneck. I'm thinking of either the Radeon HD 7750 or 7770, but what are your thoughts? I plan to use this on a monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024. Thanks.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade core system
  1. go with hd 7750 it good and cooler card.you can play games at 1280*1024 with hd 7750
  2. Would it be worth the extra money if I upgraded from my current 425W PSU and went for the 7770 instead, assuming I upgrade the rest of my computer later down the road?
  3. ayww said:
    Would it be worth the extra money if I upgraded from my current 425W PSU and went for the 7770 instead, assuming I upgrade the rest of my computer later down the road?

if you are planning upgrade later, then go for HD7770 and what is your PSU make?
  4. Go for 650 ti
  5. Simu said:
    if you are planning upgrade later, then go for HD7770 and what is your PSU make?

It's an old no-name power supply, not too sure who the manufacturer is.
  6. ayww said:
    It's an old no-name power supply, not too sure who the manufacturer is.

how many amps on +12V and if its not a branded one, just buy a decent psu first.
  7. Simu said:
    how many amps on +12V and if its not a branded one, just buy a decent psu first.

There are 20 amps on my +12V, but upon inspection it seems I can only pull out a max of 205 watts off of this rail. Will this be enough to power a card like the 7770?
  8. Best answer
    ayww said:
    There are 20 amps on my +12V, but upon inspection it seems I can only pull out a max of 205 watts off of this rail. Will this be enough to power a card like the 7770?

no, you need to upgrade your psu first.
  9. Simu said:
    no, you need to upgrade your psu first.

Alright, thanks for the help! :)
  10. Best answer selected by ayww.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Core Graphics