Sign in with
Your question

I'm buying an msi hd 6770 ..is it worth it ?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • MSI
  • Support
  • Crossfire
  • HD
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 19, 2012 3:06:07 AM

i'm actually buying this MSI RADEON hd 6770 :

www.theitwares.com/r6770md1gd5-radeon-6770-128bit-gddr5...

I've googleed a lot about this card & i got to know that card doesn't support CROSSFIRE-X...is it true because i know that all 6000 & 7000 series gpus including 6770 support crossfire...so plzzz...tell me can it be crossfired & should i buy it..thanks in advance...

More about : buying msi 6770 worth

a c 175 U Graphics card
December 19, 2012 3:14:04 AM

it should be able to be xfired, but xfire is terrible especially on lower end gpu's like that. You get lots of stuttering. Im selling my crossfire cards due to stuttering, and many others have come to the same conclusion. crossfire should only be used on the highest end cards when you need more performance than the fastest single card can offer you.
m
l
December 19, 2012 3:26:45 AM

really ...is it so..but it can crossfire isnt it..
m
l
Related resources
December 19, 2012 4:01:01 AM

I have Xfx 6770 cross fired. I don't see any stuttering a lot of people talk about but they run really hot 80c after gaming for a while. But I get good frames at 1080p on all games not maxed but very playable
m
l
a c 180 U Graphics card
December 19, 2012 4:52:01 AM

If you're asking about Crossfire then why aren't you just buying a BETTER CARD?

As for "is it worth it" then the question is "relative to what"? There's no way to answer your question since you didn't say:

1) what you WANT it for? (Far Cry 3 or Angry Birds?)
2) what your BUDGET is?
3) what your current HARDWARE is? (CPU, RAM, PSU, Windows 64-bit?)

If you want a very basic graphics card for light gaming because your on a budget I recommend at least an HD7770.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

*The above card is $115 after rebate however it also comes with two games:
1) SLEEPING DOGS (good game)
2) Nexuiz (whatever.. )

Hard to beat this value!
m
l
a c 180 U Graphics card
December 19, 2012 4:54:41 AM

Update:
If possible look around to see if you can get an HD7770 with a free game. I can't give you an exact link because of where you are.
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
December 19, 2012 7:29:57 AM

Pgooch said:
I have Xfx 6770 cross fired. I don't see any stuttering a lot of people talk about but they run really hot 80c after gaming for a while. But I get good frames at 1080p on all games not maxed but very playable

i didnt think i could see the stuttering for a while and i didnt believe the whole microstutter thing, if my fps was at 60 fps which is the vsync cap there will be no stuttering. Then in some areas of skyrim where fps dropped to 45fps omg, stuttered like a mofo, dropped frames everywhere. Some games it is more noticeable than others. Dead island ran at 60fps non stop with xfire, and i thought it was a bit choppy, but not that noticeable, then i sold one of my cards and played on single card and OMG, now i noticed the smoothness.
m
l
December 20, 2012 12:59:17 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
i didnt think i could see the stuttering for a while and i didnt believe the whole microstutter thing, if my fps was at 60 fps which is the vsync cap there will be no stuttering. Then in some areas of skyrim where fps dropped to 45fps omg, stuttered like a mofo, dropped frames everywhere. Some games it is more noticeable than others. Dead island ran at 60fps non stop with xfire, and i thought it was a bit choppy, but not that noticeable, then i sold one of my cards and played on single card and OMG, now i noticed the smoothness.

Ill usually tinker with settings to get it to run a solid 60. Havn't used one by its self got the pair for $100 used the warranty on both of them got 2 new cards cant beat it. But thanks for the heads up I did notice some stuttering when FarCry 3 first came out but it was fixed.
m
l
!