First PC build please help

M-rod

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
hello im 15 years old and i decided that my ps3 was getting kinda old plus i needed a computer for video and audio editing, just to be clear i dont care if this build will have the mega ultra high settings/framerates, i just want a good pc for video editing and some gaming some bf3 and mostly cod, need for speed etc. one last thing i already decided on a amd so dont try to convince me why i should buy intel:

Case: Cooler Master Elite 350 w/ 500W Power Supply

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+

Cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz

Memory: Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

DVD drive: Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 7200RPM 1tb SataIII

Cooling: for now i decided to stick with the AMD stock fan since i don't plan on overclocking (yet)/3x Cooler Master 120mm Green led fans for case cooling.

Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 (HD-687A-ZHFC)

if you're curious the total is $650 (including mouse, keyboard, monitor, speaker etc.) i will be ordering from amazon with free two day shipping since i have prime and i found really good prices on there.

So please tell me what you

bignastyid

Titan
Well the biggest problem I see is the power supply. When building a computer never skimp on the power supply. More often then not the psu that come with the case is absolute crap. A bad psu can fry the whole system. Get a psu from a brand like Seasonic, corsair, Xfx, PC power and cooling, or Antec. For the CPU I'd go with Intel that x4 is a bit aged.