EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ (Blower Fan) or Sig2 (Duel Fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingSentry

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Please don't tell me about the AMD Radon cards are better. They might be but I like Nvidia from personal experience. Now, the internal specs are exactly the same but I haven't seen many reviews on the Sig2 (Duel Fan), if you were me which would you choose? Like below are posted:

EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130787

EVGA 02G-P4-3677-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW Signature2 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130843

Solution
I purchased the signature 2 for my HTPC build (in a Silverstone GD05 case) and I can tell you that I do not hear the card at all - even running Unigine 3.0 maxed out with the volume muted. Max temps in that small HTPC case are 76C with a max fan speed of 51%.
Unlike most dual fan coolers, the Sig 2 exhausts the warm air out the back - something I really wanted with my build and I have no doubt it is quieter than the blower version. I couldn't be happier!
Me personally i use this "Blower" style cooler and barely hear it and its cool, very cool

Now the Signature2 card has a better binned 670 than the FTW... so it might OC a little more but.. the dual fan is a good choice. I like the white and black looks they made standard with these cards

I would choose the signature 2 with the 2 fans. I've read from others that they still run very quiet despite not being a real aftermarket cooler like the other manufactures produce. The way the cooler is setup is that it will still exhaust air out the back. I don't see how you could go wrong with the Signature 2. EVGA as well is a awesome company to work with. Hope you end up pleased with your card whichever you decide on.

FlyingSentry

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Thanks guys for the input! I think I will go with the Sig 2 just because I guess more fans should help with Nvidia's GPU boost :p. Is the Sig 2 new because I do not see any videos and/or review of this card...

FlyingSentry

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

The reference is loud XD so thanks for the tip! I think I will get the Sig 2

While I support the signature 2 , I find that reference example irrelevant.. because when you have a few 2000 rpm fans in your case you won't notice the reference fan from the 670 when you have 6 other fans going it is hard to tell which one is making the most "Noise"

capdek

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I purchased the signature 2 for my HTPC build (in a Silverstone GD05 case) and I can tell you that I do not hear the card at all - even running Unigine 3.0 maxed out with the volume muted. Max temps in that small HTPC case are 76C with a max fan speed of 51%.
Unlike most dual fan coolers, the Sig 2 exhausts the warm air out the back - something I really wanted with my build and I have no doubt it is quieter than the blower version. I couldn't be happier!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS