Half-Life 2

Does Half-Life 2 have to be played over the internet or can I play it
just on my system?

Hi Jim,

"Jim Brown" <jbrown15@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message news:etCpfN1GFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| Does Half-Life 2 have to be played over the internet or can I play it
| just on my system?

Most games, including Half Life 2 have an offline game with a story/plot
called a "campaign". In fact, several campaign walkthroughs are available
for those Half Lifers who get stuck. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Jim Brown" <jbrown15@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does Half-Life 2 have to be played over the internet or can I play it
> just on my system?

It does need an internet connection at least initially to register, and
decrypt the files, however once that's done you can put steam into offline
mode so you won't need an internet connection to play.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

i have a different problem with half life 2 and with any other source game
from valve i play. (here are my pc stats : windows xp pro /all drivers up to
date. Gforce fx 5600,1024 mb ram, amd athlon xp 2000+) now whenever i play
half life 2 or cs source for example it crashes. it sais that "read" was not
able to be initialized. i have tried everthing and looked on all different
sites via google to solve that problem but nothing workt sofar. i hope u can
help me

thx