Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650 vs Gigabyte GTX 650 2GB OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmigo

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hey all, I'm kind of new here but recently I've been wishing to buy all the parts and build my own gaming desktop. Now all I currently have at the moment is a laptop at these specs:

8GB DDR3 (1333MHZ)
Intel Core i7 720QM @ 1.6GHZ
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (1GB DDR3)

I know I can't really compare a desktop-made graphics card to a laptop-made graphics card, and on paper, the Gigabyte GTX 650 2GB OC is definitely much better. But I was just wondering in terms of actual performance, say for gaming, how much better would the GTX 650 be compared to the HD 5650?

Thank you for any help I can get.

Solution
I can't really tell you in detail how much better the performance will be, but I would expect your gaming rig to blow your laptop out of the water. Those graphic cards really are not even comparable in terms of performance due to the 650 being significantly more powerful.

waynewarrior78

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
I can't really tell you in detail how much better the performance will be, but I would expect your gaming rig to blow your laptop out of the water. Those graphic cards really are not even comparable in terms of performance due to the 650 being significantly more powerful.

Solution

Vmigo

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hrm, I suppose you are right, there is no way to really compare them so telling the performance difference would be impossible, but I do thank you for your reply, and for budget, the 650 seems to be a very worthy choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.