Pre-Built $1000 Gaming Computer. Is this good? iBUYPOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestestnoob

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I am trying to find a PreBuilt Gaming computer for $1000 (yes I do understand that building one might be cheaper, but my parents don't trust me building one and will only let me buy one :( )

Does anyone know anyway to get more performance for the same price?
or a different place to go to get a computer?
or a way to prevent bottlenecks in the current system?

bellow is what I can get from iBUYPOWER

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 Gaming Case-Black

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570 Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)-

Processor Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155]-ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade

Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair or Major Brand - FREE Upgrade to G.Skill Ripjaws

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 - 2GB-Single Card

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0-

Power Supply: 500 Watt - Corsair CX500 V2-
Primary Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive **Free Upgrade to 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Single Drive**

Optical Drive 1 x 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black

Flash Media Reader / Writer 1 x 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer-Black

Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-
Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
Operating System 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit
Keyboard 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard-
Mouse 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse-Blood Red

Advanced Build Options 1 x iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System-Protect your investment during transportation!

Warranty 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service-
Rush Service 1 x Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days

Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Download] - Far Cry3 + 20% OFF code for Medal of Honor Warfighter-Free with purchase of AMD Radeon HD 7770 or above
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Download] - Sleeping Dogs-Free with purchase of AMD Radeon HD 7870 or above
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Download] - DiRT Showdown-Free with purchase of AMD Processor / Radeon video card

Subtotal* $991.00 (plus tax & shipping)

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Is there an option to remove the water cooling? It's just a gimmick on that machine since the processor is not unlocked (ie. you can't over-clock it). Wouldn't be surprised if they are charging and additional $80+ for the water cooling and it gives almost no benefit to you.

Besides that it all looks good quality parts. Quite often pre-built machines cheap out on the motherboard and PSU but this isn't the case here :)

Bestestnoob

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
the water cooling is only 20$ more than the stock fan.
I changed to the non-OC cpu because I want this to last a long time, and OCing tends to degrade the CPU faster.
I can take it off and ill have 971 + tax+shipping
Thx!

Bestestnoob

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
the VESTA 3230 has just about everything I need in it, it has a 3470 not a 3570, but that seems to just be 200Mhz difference

I also have watched linus techtips for the past year, so i trust NCIX with my money

comes with an SSD and more 3.0USB which helps.
does anyone else have any good gaming computers for 1000$?

garrettk4

Honorable
May 31, 2012
My buddy got a ibuypower gaming computer from amazon for 1100$. Last May. It had an i7 2600k, 12gb, HD6870, 1.5tb hdd, nzxt phantom. GG right? It said it was liquid cooling too, we opened it up to take a look inside and we found this:

1. It was not liquid cooled. It had the crappy intel stock cooler on it.

2. The sata power cables were not connected and they weren't long enough to make the connection to the drive. So we had to un-bundle the power cables and found another cable that was long enough.

3. Windows 7 came corrupt, we had to do a fresh install.

4. The dvd drive came broken.

5. The power supply, kingwin inc, under the teir 5 on eggxpert's forum. Horrible power supply for a gaming computer.

Bottom line: Ibuypower company is not reliable, and most members will say on here that it is cheaper, more fun, and easier to build the computer yourself. You will also learn how to do it yourself, most people can't say that. :)

Bestestnoob

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Am I mistaken or is this only sold in Canada? I cant seem to find it on the normal website. << talking about the vestra 3230

I havent done any looking up on the quality of IBUYPOWER, but it seemed to be the same as CYBERPOWER

Bestestnoob

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
ok.. after that I just have to do international checkout right? I live in the US, but the vesta is only on the CA version of the website. So it is still possible for me to buy it, just have to pay for shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.