Windows 8 driver install problem.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Windows 8
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 19, 2012 8:14:55 AM

hello, i have upgraded my old laptop from xp to windows 8. i am trying to install the latest display driver nvidia. but it does not let me no matter what i do. this is the error message i get. "the driver selected for the device does bot support the version of windows"

the steps i took

1. uninstalled the microsoft display driver then trying to install the latest, but setup and going to device manager. no luck
2.uninstalled microsoft basic display driver, then went to the driver folder in c: drive changed microsoft basic display driver extenstion to .bak then installing driver from device manger with no luck.

i used the old windows xp driver from the mobo manufacturer no luck still. i even tried modder .net and still no luck. does any one have a solution to my problem?

gpu nvidia geforce go 6600

More about : windows driver install problem

a c 291 U Graphics card
December 19, 2012 8:39:42 AM

Windows XP drivers will not work for Windows 8. You need to use Windows Vista/7/8 drivers.
Score
December 19, 2012 8:41:33 AM

First of all, are you sure you are downloading the mobile drivers?
Here are the links to the latest Mobile Drivers
32 bit driver -
64 bit driver -

if those dont work, you can always try to use tweaked drivers (thats what I usualy use on older laptops, I use the one's from tweakforce) their not the latest drivers but they usualy are very stable.

Hope one of those works for you.
Score
Related resources
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 19, 2012 9:02:18 AM

^

That won't work. His GPU isn't supported by those drivers.

@OP: I've looked deeper into it and I think your GPU is not supported in windows 8. If you want to use them, you'll have to stick with the generic driver.
Score

Best solution

December 19, 2012 10:49:37 AM

Sunius said:
^

That won't work. His GPU isn't supported by those drivers.

@OP: I've looked deeper into it and I think your GPU is not supported in windows 8. If you want to use them, you'll have to stick with the generic driver.

Indeed those drivers dont support that gpu I just noticed that aswell.
Here are the latest drivers (vista) that I can find that MIGHT work: http://www.mediafire.com/?t0mrw1c3nig Its a small chance that it will work but you can give it a try, good luck.
December 19, 2012 9:06:05 PM

i wounder if microcrap disabled enabled compatibility in enterprise edition. cause that is what im using now.
Score
December 20, 2012 4:29:17 AM

dude you are awesome! it works!!!
Score
December 20, 2012 4:29:40 AM

Best answer selected by fpresiado.
Score
!