Just built my first PC, monitor says no signal

Giant666

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Here are my specs:

Mobo: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

APU: AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: Coolmax 300w

I've tried using two different monitors, one I took from another working PC, which was a DVI, and one I took from my garage (not sure how well it works) that is a VGA. They both said "No Signal." When I boot the PC up, the cpu spins up, all three of my fans start, I can hear the HDD start, but I don't hear any beeps from the motherboard. However, I also don't see any speakers on the motherboard so it's possible it isn't supposed to beep. The 300w PSU is temporary, I got it for free from a friend, I plan to replace it with an Athena 400w. The current PSU is somewhat old so it is possible that it is not putting out enough watts to sustain everything. When I was researching this issue, some people said to make sure the RAM is seated properly, and I'm certain it is. As this is my first build, it is possible I didn't hook everything up correctly, it does seem that I have a lot of extra plugins leading from my PSU.

Here is what the PSU is plugged into:

ATX 12v (4pin)
HDD (5pin)
Mobo (24pin)
Optical drive

I have a SATA cable running from the HDD to my first SATA port
my optical drive is plugged into my SATA 5 port
the power button is plugged into the pwrbtn/reset/hold slot
there is an extra 4pin wire running from what looks like the power button (that area is hard to see as it is behind the optical drive) which is not plugged into anything

Solution
Did you work your way through this list? If not, give it a try.
One thing is for certain, the PSU you are using is not big enough to try and start this system with, you need something QUALITY along the lines of 500-550 watt at least. Trying to start your system with a crappy, low output PSU could ruin your hardware! Be careful! If you must try to continue, use the onboard video and leave your video card out for now to keep power requirements as low as possible with that 300 watt PSU. Most boards will require you to hook up an external speaker, there should be a header right close to the case power/HDD LED/reset LED/etc. to plug a small one in, like this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812201032...
Did you work your way through this list? If not, give it a try.
One thing is for certain, the PSU you are using is not big enough to try and start this system with, you need something QUALITY along the lines of 500-550 watt at least. Trying to start your system with a crappy, low output PSU could ruin your hardware! Be careful! If you must try to continue, use the onboard video and leave your video card out for now to keep power requirements as low as possible with that 300 watt PSU. Most boards will require you to hook up an external speaker, there should be a header right close to the case power/HDD LED/reset LED/etc. to plug a small one in, like this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812201032

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Solution
G

I had the same problem, then I connected my monitor to the dedicated AMD Radeon 6670 and problem was solved!
I don't know why the 7760D integrated graphics card from the APU A10-5800k was giving the error: no signal input.

I will have to see if the operating system recognise the 7760D. The product is AMD APU and not CPU! New comp here too! I have a new 500W power supply!