Building a new PC, any help will be greatly appreciated

neowin

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hello!
I used to be a proud owner of a alienware m17x r1 laptop until i managed to fry to motherboard and one of my gpu`s and since its almost near impossible to get replacement parts at decent price( I live in Bulgaria) i decided to build a new pc that will hold on for a few years ahead.
English aint my native language so i kindly ask to be forgiven.
While i was googling for the parts compatibility i gathered most of the info from Tom`s hardware so i decided that this will be the place to ask.
As i mantioned above i live in Bulgaria and the best place to shop i found is amazon.co.uk (considering the price and delivery).

Some things to consider:
I dont want to get liquid coolers becouse i dont want to take the risk of leaking.
I preffer AMD over Nvidia becouse i had 2x 260m into my last rig and the driver suppurt stopped a long long time ago.

So here are the parts im looking to buy:
Chassie: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Case
I really liked the spare space for future upgraids.I also want to add two more 200m fans to the 2 already packed inside the case.
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77
The military grade components and the sweet look of the mobo really cought my eye.
CPU: Intel 3rd Generation Core i7-3770K CPU
My mobo supports 3.0 PCI slot and since it works only with 3rd gen intel core i decided that thats the cpu to go with
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P SE14
The C-shape of the cooler allows me to get all of the 4 ram slot utilized( atleast thats what i saw from the pictures) without worrying for the cooler size. The nice rewiews and the quallity helped aswell.
Ram: Corsair Vengenace 16GB 1600MHz4
I guess that 16gb will be more than enough for now. I might get one more pair of those in the future.
Storage OCZ VTX4-25SAT3-128G 128GB Vertex 4 Sata III-6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Not sure if that ssd is good so any advices will be helpfull. All i know is that i wont be needing more than 120gbs for the near future for a OS and programs storage. I might transfer some of the games i play that have longer loading times.
Also there will be no need to buy a new HDD simply becouse i have dozen of them laying around.
Video card: ASUS-HD7970-DC2-3GD5, DDR5
This one i found cheaper on a local site. The price is around 310 gbp and they provide nice guarantee. Not sure why but here in Bulgaria the computer components are really overpriced but some of the high end stuff has some nice discounts at this moment.
PSU: Corsair TX750M Enthusiast Series TX 750W ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
Here is the tricky part - im not sure if 750w will hold that beast down. Also im not sure if the 4x 200mm( with LED lights) + 1x 120mm fans willl affect the psu too much. Im not sure if i need a modular version, also this one is only half modular and with chassie that big i can hide a body inside.
Monitor Acer S240HLbid 24'' Full HD widescreen LCD monitor with LED Backlight
I have lots of monitors lying around but since they are 5-10 years old it will be a suicide to buy a 300 pound video card and use one of them.

Keyboard, mice and spakers wont be needed.

Any advices, critics and toughts will be greatly apriciated and taken into mind.
Here are some questions im looking for an answer:
About the chassie:
in some of the sites i checked the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Case is stated as full tower and in some is mid tower. Which one is the true?
About the mobo:
Is there enough place to connect all of the fans?
Will the CPU cooler fit considering the thermal armor?
Will it power up without the cpu cooler conected? ( the cpu cooler i chosen can be conected directy into the psu)
About the storage:
Is it a good one?
About the GPU :
Will it utilize the PCI 3 slot on that mobo and that cpu?
Is It really worth it compared to 7850 and 7950 considering the price?
About the psu:
Will it be enough?
Do i really need the modular version?
About the monitor :
Which cable ( hdmi/dvi/etc) should i connect for max performance and quality?
Should i be worried about the lower price compared to other similar monitors?

General:
Will all those components fit with eachother?
Do you notice any flaws?
Can you offer something better or similar at lower price?

Any advices, critics and toughts will be greatly apriciated and taken into mind.
And again im really sorry for my bad english.

Aug 13, 2012
They will work however some of the stuff I would change are as follows. The Motherboard- Z77 Sabertooth. It's a really overpriced board for the features you get. If you don't need all the you can get a cheap ASrock Z77 Extreme4. EXCELLENT board for the price. Even if it doesn't have enough fan connectors you can always connect the fans via Molex plugs. The PSU you have chosen is a solid one. Modular or not is up to you. Do you want a clean system build and for sure aren't going to use the cables? If so then get a modular PSU. The PCIe 3.0 slot is a new one. It has effectively double the bandwith from PCIe 2.0 but you GPU won't even use it all anyways because they just don't use that much bandwidth. Personally I would get a 7950 and overclock it to a 7970 to save some money. Who would I buy from? MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, SAPPHIRE are all great options.

For a monitor you generally want a 1920x1080 resolution and you want to connect with DVI, HDMI, or Display port. VGA is still usable but people don't use it anymore because people say it's "obsolete".

The CPU and RAM you have chosen is questionable. Are you doing hardcore video editing/encoding and such? If not then grab a i5 3570K and 8gb 1600mhz dual channel ram because gaming does not benefit from getting an i7 with 16gb of ram.

Aug 13, 2012
You can also grab a cheaper aftermarket cooler, the king of value CPU cooling, the Hyper 212 EVO. It is an EPICLY great CPU cooler for such a low cost. For the SSD you might want to consider an OCZ Vector instead, or a Samsung 840 Pro (fastest SSD). What are you using for mass storage? A good Seagate Barracuda or WD Blue/Black 1tb drive would be a great drive. By the way the case is a FULL tower chasis. Personally I do not like the look of the case, I would get a Cooler Master HAF 922 MID tower instead, and it's rather cheap since it is on sale right now. This case has one of the best cooling on the market if equipped with good fans. Another case I would recommend is the Fractal Design Define R4 if you want more of a silent computing experience while still having exceptional cooling.