Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Building my first computer and I have a few questions

Last response: in Systems
February 3, 2013 4:19:58 PM

I am building my first computer and I have a budget of $1000- $2000 dollars. I will need everything but speakers. I have done a lot of research but, I am still not completely sure about everything. I play WoW I would like to play it with settings on ultra and shadows on high with fps at atleast 60 or higher. I was wondering if this overkill or it would be good and last me atleast a year or so and what kind of power supply I will need. This computer will also be used to surf the net and maybe upload some videos. Here are the parts I am looking at:

CPU: i5-3570k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z77- DS3H Intel 7 Series
Graphics Card: EVGA Geoforce GTX 660 ti
Hard Drive: Seagate Baracuda 2TB
Solid State Drive: Intel 160GB
Memory/ Ram: Corsair Vengenance 8GB (2x4GB)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Optimal Drive: IHAS 24x
Operating System: Windows 8 (64 bit)
Computer Case: ThermaTake VN700M1WTN Overseer RX-I Full Tower Gaming Case
Optionals: 1 Coolermaster Mega Flow Case Fan 200mm Led Blue
Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 24" Class Widescreen 2ms LED 1920x1080 HDMI compatiable
Mouse & Keyboard: Logitech wireless wave combo
Power Supply: unknown

Reminder I want this computer to last, I want nice game play and I will use this computer for other things. All recommendations, advice, etc will be greatly appericated.

Thank you.

Best solution

February 3, 2013 4:46:05 PM

Looks good. You don't need a huge PSU, a good 500W will be more then enough. I don't see a need to change anything.

"Optimal drive"? Is that an Optical drive? If you are getting one I suggest getting a blu ray reader. Not only can you read/burn DVDs, but you can use your system to read blu rays as well. They are normally only twice as much as a DVD burner so worth it.
February 3, 2013 4:52:46 PM

sorry that was a typo im sure i had a few in there and 500w will cover everything? and i will look into that. Thanks so much for replying.
Related resources
February 3, 2013 4:56:26 PM

500W from a good company will be more then enough. The 660/TI/70 and 680 are all 150W-200W cards. Your CPU is another 77W stock. So even if you grabbed a GTX680 for the system you are looking at around 325W. As long as you are getting an Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, etc you'll be fine. Just avoid the Athena power and Diabloteks, etc.
February 3, 2013 5:09:40 PM

Best answer selected by samp1990.
February 3, 2013 5:09:52 PM

Thank you so much :) 
!