Is this system ok?

mikerockett

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
You are correct, that PSU is not a good choice.

Also, is it ok for what? What's its use?

Check out the sticky 'how to ask for newbuild and upgrade advice' and post back.

glassesguy89

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Sorry about that...first time posting here...ashamed to say that I can't find "how to ask for newbuild and upgrade advice".. I want this rig for working and occasional gaming.

mikerockett

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Here you go, just copy and paste and fill it out :)

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes / No

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Do you need to buy OS: Yes / No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)

Location: City, State/Region, Country - we need to know where these parts are being assembled and whether there are good store-only deals available

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200 or if you're upgrading please state what you'd want to get)

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC. Please also list specific software or games you're using)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: (e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do not post only links.