Can 2 vga cards and extend the desktop

Good morning, is it possible to install a second vga card on desktop in order to achive extended desktop with 2 monitors?
TX
8 answers Last reply
More about cards extend desktop
  1. It is, but you also achieve the same thing just by connecting two monitors to the same card.
  2. only one vga output on card, so if i split then mirrored, right? If card had 2 vga or vga and other then maybe but mine is only 1 vga and i am trying to extend desktop not mirror.
    TX
  3. What card do you have and what inputs do your monitors have?
  4. the machine has a only one video card with 1 vga, no embeded vga. Both monitors have dvi and vga. I know I can go get another graphics card at the distributor but i was wondering if I could take one of many existing vga cards on hand to PCI input and get windows 7 to use it for extended desktop?
  5. if you have onboard and a card you can do it that way too
  6. so sorry no onboard, just one lonely vga on this machine. so can i put a 2nd vga in and acommplish extended desktop. I think I'll just try it and post back wether it works or not.
  7. It would work.
  8. yes it will work fine with two cards. I've a gtx4601gb and a gt520 in my system just so I can game and and (easily) have a web browser open without adding extra work to the 460.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Desktops VGA Monitors Graphics