Navaneee74

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Guys i am planing to get a 3d monitor on Christmas. But i say some scary stuffs that makes me wonder if my system can support 3d at all. I wish to play Bf3 online on 3d and a whole lot of other games tooo ......

This is my config :
╔► CPU: AMD Phenom X6 1090 T
╠► GPU: MSi HD 6950 Twin Frozer
╠► Board: ASUS Crossair Formulae IV
╠► DDR: 12GB Kingston DDr3 1333mhz
╠► HDD: 1TB HDD
╠► PSU : 650W Crossair
╠► KEYBOARD: HP satellite
╠► SOUND: Creative 4.1 and logitech (idk) Headset
╠► MOUSE:Microsoft
╚► PC TV: 24' LED FULL HD DELL
╚► RIG:Cooler Master elite

Also can anyone get me a recent article on how to set up 3d coz i saw stuffs that say we have to buy the software to run AMD 3d and such ////.

Please help guys i am new to this whole 3d idea.

And the moniter i was planning to get is Samsung s23a700d.

While your system will support 3D, you will have to turn settings down to do so. 3D can cause your FPS to drop to as much as half. So if you play games at medium settings now, 3D will cause you to drop the settings lower.

The good news is that some games will support Virtual 3D, which is a mode in the Tridef software that makes it so the card doesn't have to render 2 separate images, and instead, extrapolates one image from the other. This may allow you to have a bit higher settings than you'd otherwise have.

So, is this something you can live with? If not, a GPU upgrade will be required to keep the settings up.

Navaneee74

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Bro, how about playing media and Hd movies ?

Now i Play all games on ULTRA.Online too :bounce:

Also should i have to buy any extra kit to get 3d started on my pc ... ?
also is the software you say is free or what ?

I believe most of Samsung's 3D monitors comes with the Tridef software, but normally it's about $50 for the software. The monitor you are choosing should also come with the glasses and built in emitter. It should be on the specs of the monitor.

Movies will be no problem, there is no rendering required, but you will have to buy software for watching movies to be able to have all the codexes.

As far as the power goes, you may find that the same FPS in 3D might feel worse. Depending on the games you are playing, if you are playing on Ultra, you probably find 30-40 FPS playable, but I'm not sure you will feel the same in 3D, but that may just be me.