Sign in with
Your question

CyberPower CP1500 shuts off when power cables moved.

February 3, 2013 5:46:00 PM

No this post isn't about a computer system, but rather a CyberPower CP1500 UPS system. Sorry Toms doesn't have an everything else IT related, or a UPS sub forum. So I put it here. Mods if there is a better place for this thread, please move it there and let me know...

Okay to my point. I have a CyberPower CP1500 UPS. It's old. My memory on the subject isn't great, but I think I bought it back somewhere between 1999 and 2001. And believe it or not, the batteries FINALLY died on it a couple of months ago. So I replaced them. It works great still, as long as I don't jiggle the cables in the back. I suspect there may be a wire / wires connecting the sockets on the back panel that could be loose. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this trouble, and was able to remedy it.

Like I said, this unit has fresh batteries, and aside from this issue, and it's a biggie, the device still works great. Between that, and I don't want to add to the landfill any more than I have to, I really want to fix this device instead of pitching it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
!