Smallest full 3d (atleast gforce 7xxx range) graphics cards?

Well ones you can play 3d games with (atleast UT2k4), like the graphics cards in some laptops, that have a PCIe connector.. I bring it up, because it would be possible to build better small PCs, if we had graphic card options.
7 answers Last reply
More about smallest full atleast gforce 7xxx range graphics cards
  1. You can build a PC that would fit in most backpacks (backpacks like those children use for school) with a full sized card.

There are small cards too. Like HD 7750 low profile. But are they really necessary?
  2. There is a low profile 7850 for the record. BUT! Some small cases like the bitfenix prodigy can use full sized cards like the radeon 7970
  3. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133471

Pretty small card, will play UT on max settings easily. Modern games on medium/high mix settings.

Quite small, under $100
  4. jd_ is correct, HOWEVER (and this is a big one), small cases are often not great at dealing with a lot of heat. Even with fans, it is very easy for hot spots to develop. Unless it exhausts its heat (like the HIS Black Hole / IceQ Turbo coolers do), I'm not sure I'd put anything that gets hotter than a HD7770 in a small case.
    I had a $150 mobo fry a VRM shorted in a small case. It was stock and maybe slightly undervolted, but the HD7870 I had in there produced a lot of heat during games, and one day it simply died. The case was a Lian Li PC-Q08R, which has two fans providing a flow of air through the case, but it was apparently not enough. Lesson learned.
  5. +1 jd_w98
    7850 if you want low profile, some beasty cards can fit into tiny cases.
    The smallest you can buy (length wise) for best performance is the GTX 650 Ti.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards 3D Graphics Product