$350-$400 gaming pc build

Metroidman27

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I've decided to build my first pc, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with it. I only need a cpu, motherboard,ram, gpu, and power supply. I was gonna go with this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AAD4, but I saw somewhere that the motherboard only supported a 95w cpu, so it wouldnt work with the phenom. Another thing, the case i will be using is really small, so I need a gpu shorter than ~ 7.75 inches. Overclocking would be a nice extra, but i dont need it. I would prefer the budget to stay at about $375 but i can go to $400 if it gives way better performance. This will be used for gaming, and occasional web browsing/youtube. Thanks!

Solution

yeah not bad, not bad. think about it this way...some people could have possibly come up with a better build for the money, but you also could have done a lot worse. imo, i think you did relatively well. OC that CPU and GPU a bit and it will help bolster the price/performance ratio even more. I also happen to have that motherboard. works well for a cheap linux build i made.

Augray37

Distinguished
May 4, 2011

yeah not bad, not bad. think about it this way...some people could have possibly come up with a better build for the money, but you also could have done a lot worse. imo, i think you did relatively well. OC that CPU and GPU a bit and it will help bolster the price/performance ratio even more. I also happen to have that motherboard. works well for a cheap linux build i made.

Solution

Metroidman27

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Yeah i was thinking along the same lines. In my current case I'm almost positive I won't be able to do much in the way of OCing cause its very small and has pretty bad airflow :( i'll be changing it soon though and mabye getting an aftermarket cooler while I'm at it

Metroidman27

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Ok so I built it but it won't turn on. When I flip the switch on the power supply nothing happens (i know that isnt how you turn the comp on). mainly I'm not sure if i can turn if on with my current case as it's really old and the front panel connectors are different than I've seen before so I'm not sure if I can plug the front power button into the mobo. any ideas? Right now i'm thinking about just getting a cheap case and putting it in there cause i know how to wire the newer cases