Rate my build?

for gaming 3/10

For anything else 4/10

Old previous gen CPU (should be i5 3xxx series)
Don't need an aftermarket cooler for a CPU you can't overclock
SSD too small to really be used
WAY WAY WAY too expensive motherboard
only 500gb HDD (should be 1tb for this budget)
Cheap video card that won't game past medium settings
VERY poor quality PSU which you should replace NOW before it fails and takes the rest of this system with it

There are very odd choices , and all the componets are a generation old cpu. mb

and Windows 7 ultimate? What features of Ultimate do you need that are not available in Home Premium?

so yes its a solid 3.5 out of 10

McLubbin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I didnt pay for ultimate... I have a friend who works for microsoft and he sent it my way.. And this was build in February of 2012... So it is somewhat old hardware...

McLubbin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Because I just put another 100$ into it and I also just joined this forum...

And that 7.5 made me feel better... Lol.. I understand it is older hardware but I plan on upgrading really soon...

McLubbin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

SSD is used for just my OS and I still have 15gb left after having programs like Photoshop and Microsoft office on it

That motherboard is way to expensive, I agree, but that is not the one I bought... The one I bought was discontinued and I can not find it anywhere on the site, so I chose the one as close to the same price and capabilities as the one I have.

I have 70 movies, 15 games, ~700 songs and other random programs on that 500gb HDD and I still have 150gb left

I can run BF3 on ultra settings and still get 30-40 FPS with an occasional drop to 25

I will agree with what you said about the PSU but with a ~325watt load on it I think it will be fine until I have the cash to get a good one. I got it on sale for 30$ and it has decent reviews.