Well I m nVidia guy!!!

I also once heard that Gtx is good for AA and Radeon
HD for AF ......???!!!!!

Is it true????
Or just another rumor????
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 19, 2012 4:45:05 PM

+1 to that. THG still end up recommending the GTX690 though. I'd actually say dual GTX670s. GTX670 SLI, GTX680 SLI and GTX690 are all within around 5% performance of each other, but the GTX670s are a hell of a lot cheaper. Only argument for a GTX690 really is reduced power consumption relative to dual GTX670s, though it's not much less.
m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2012 3:44:54 AM

i always prefer nvidia cards, reason : CUDA is very useful in video converters, renderers etc., physX support , better drivers, 3D vision.

AMD cards are good. they provide more value for money than nvidia cards [better performance at same price] but their drivers are crap. u will be banging your head against keyboard with their crappy drivers.

i would suggest u buy nvidia cards if u want hassle free gaming. or u can go for amd cards if u want 'slightly' more value for money compared to nvidia cards

as far as i know. HD7990 is not out yet and it will release in june.

so your best bet is GTX690. available for Rs.63,000-72,000

m
l
September 24, 2013 1:12:00 PM

mistrymanan9yo said:
i always prefer nvidia cards, reason : CUDA is very useful in video converters, renderers etc., physX support , better drivers, 3D vision.

AMD cards are good. they provide more value for money than nvidia cards [better performance at same price] but their drivers are crap. u will be banging your head against keyboard with their crappy drivers.

i would suggest u buy nvidia cards if u want hassle free gaming. or u can go for amd cards if u want 'slightly' more value for money compared to nvidia cards

you know this amd drivers are crap argument is getting very old in my opinion nvidia drivers are crap.I own a gtx 770 and regret selling my 7950's for it.AMD drivers give you way more options and is alot more functional.Obviously you do not own an amd card at this time to even comment on the drivers.In the past year ive owned 2 7950's a 7970,2 gtx 660 sli and now a gtx 770.I have to admitt my gtx 480 sli were great
m
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
a c 81 Î Nvidia
September 24, 2013 2:05:38 PM

baner711 said:
mistrymanan9yo said:

you know this amd drivers are crap argument is getting very old in my opinion nvidia drivers are crap.I own a gtx 770 and regret selling my 7950's for it.AMD drivers give you way more options and is alot more functional.Obviously you do not own an amd card at this time to even comment on the drivers.In the past year ive owned 2 7950's a 7970,2 gtx 660 sli and now a gtx 770.I have to admitt my gtx 480 sli were great

I use both, and no, AMD does not give more options. They have similar options, but Nvidia's are just easier to use, at least when it comes to game profiles. There are only a few minor differences in the options given, and both have a few the other doesn't (Nvidia has more AA options, including transparencies, AMD has supersampling and more Eyefnity options), the only major thing AMD has that Nvidia doesn't is the overdrive, but any serious OCing is done with other software, such as MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision.

The problem with AMD is their multi-GPU drivers. They have been plagued with microstuttering issues. They are finally getting to fixing these, but they are pretty buggy atm, and only work on single resolutions of 1600p or less, and only on DX10 and DX11 games.

AMD has improved drivers, but they still are not on par with Nvidia. Perhaps in a couple years they will be, maybe in a year if we are lucky, but not yet.
m
l
a c 146 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
September 24, 2013 3:12:42 PM

Isn't that Forceware have somethimg similar to amd overdrive in the past?
m
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
a c 81 Î Nvidia
September 24, 2013 3:21:38 PM

renz496 said:

I don't know. It has been a long time since I've used Forceware, but MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision work for me. Even with my 6950's, I used MSI Afterburner rather than Overdrive, except when it would not allow me to reclock each card individually, but that was giving me different problems in Overdrive.
m
l
a c 146 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
September 24, 2013 3:34:33 PM

bystander said:
renz496 said:

I don't know. It has been a long time since I've used Forceware, but MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision work for me. Even with my 6950's, I used MSI Afterburner rather than Overdrive, except when it would not allow me to reclock each card individually, but that was giving me different problems in Overdrive.

I remember once my friend overclock his 7900GS from the forceware. Back then i don't know about pc hardware much but i was sure he was not using third party program to do it
m
l
September 25, 2013 6:24:00 AM

Bystander i own both to and your just wrong about the options but whatever no biggy and as far as crossfire i havent had issues at all with my 7950 crossfire not anymore then the gtx 660 sli i own.this whole thing has been overblown my 7950 crossfire not only give me a smoother experience but crush the 660 sli
m
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
a c 81 Î Nvidia
September 25, 2013 1:05:30 PM

baner711 said:
Bystander i own both to and your just wrong about the options but whatever no biggy and as far as crossfire i havent had issues at all with my 7950 crossfire not anymore then the gtx 660 sli i own.this whole thing has been overblown my 7950 crossfire not only give me a smoother experience but crush the 660 sli

Considering most review sites have the same experience as I do, and these FCAT reviews show the same thing, even the FRAPs reviews show it, I don't think I'm wrong here.

And if you are considering RadeonPro in your AMD settings, Nvidia has Nvidia Inspector. The trick is learning how to do things from both brands. Their settings are laid out differently. Besides Overdrive, they have similar options, with a couple different settings for each brand.

Don't forget that 7950's are a fair bit faster than 660's.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2013 10:11:29 PM

baner711 said:
Agreed. I have 2 watercooled 7970's and with the new catalyst updates i dont plan on switching teams any time soon :) 

m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2013 10:51:15 PM

in short both are good but remember in certain games nvdia/ amd since both are sli/cf have known to have issues. so do turn to d sli/cf FAQS, read them thorougly, google ur fav game & take a good decision before buying either. imho i would suggest the r9 290x. you might have to wait for it but its worth it. it comes btw with a bf4 ltd edition key :-)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2013 11:14:34 PM

caj said:
in short both are good but remember in certain games nvdia/ amd since both are sli/cf have known to have issues. so do turn to d sli/cf FAQS, read them thorougly, google ur fav game & take a good decision before buying either. imho i would suggest the r9 290x. you might have to wait for it but its worth it. it comes btw with a bf4 ltd edition key :-)
+1 /\

m
l
!