Few Upgrades 600-800 euros (800-1000 Dollars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEeziel

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Hey all! So, I have been looking to upgrade some components:

Motherboard
PSU
Processor + new cooling system for it

As you see, not a such a big upgrade BUT leaves more money for those components.

The remaining parts which will not be upgraded right now.

Graphics Card: Asus Radeon 6950 DirectCU II
Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB@1600mhz.

As I think they are fine still, and as the new psu could give some more headroom for overclocking, I think I will still be fine a for another year, or wait until prices drop even more on graphic cards.

So far, these are what I have been thinking:

ASUS Maximus V Formula
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850W
Intel Core i5-3570K
Noctua NH-D14

The PSU does lave good headroom for even a more powerful GPU, even for a SLI/Crossfire setup in the future, if I ever decide to do it, that is. Also, my current case most likely wont fit in an E-ATX mobo, so if you could suggest a good case that is bang for the buck (silent, somewhat feature rich, not too over the top looking, hopefully quality..) Now, I have heard that the Noctua isn't the best fan/heatsink based cooling solution no more? If that is the case, could you recommend something better? I reckon you guys can guide me, tell ideas/suggestions. I'm not ordering these for a few months, but just thinking ahead ;) And yes, I intend to overclock.

WEeziel

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Hmm, the Enermax is quite huge, and I don't like the look too much. Silverstone Ravens look good, but bit too much plastic for my taste. The TJ series is too expensive for me right now.

Shinobi XL looked quite good. What about the Cooler Master Stryker? Seems to have quite good features and quality material. And yes, quality material is important for me. More suggestions are welcome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.