Creative 8x4x32x CD-RW and Nero 5.5.7.2 problems..

TNC10284

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
Hello. I have a Creative 8x4x32x CD-RW drive, model number 8433E. When I try
to run a Test and Burn in Ahead Nero 5.5.7.2, Ahead Nero locks up (program
doesn't repond) after it finishes the Test burn. I have the latest VIA 4in1
drivers for my Gigabyte GA-7ZX-1 motherboard, allong with the latest BIOS.
Windows 98SE is up to date according to Windows update. I have tried copying
a CD using Test and Burn and everytime Nero finishes with the Test burn,
Nero will lock up and after I close the program using the Task Manager, I
can't eject my disks from either CD drive I have. Nero will lock up
everytime I run a Test and Burn on my Windows 98SE machine. Could you please
help me fix the lock ups on my 8x4x32x CD-RW drive? My 24x10x40x Lite On
CD-RW drive works just fine in Nero on my Athlon XP computer, but ofcourse I don't have to run a test
on it since it has Burn Proof =). BTW, Test and Burn worked just fine on my Creative 8x4x32x CD-RW just fine a month or two ago. Thanks!
Tavis

TNC10284

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
I don't know, I don't use that computer often, since it's the "slower" computer compared to my Athlon XP 1600+ 1.4GHz, I let my bro and sis use it. They don't know too much about computers so they most likely wouldn't have messed with anything related to the CD-RW drive. I have no idea what has changed since the month's ago that it worked. I just reformatted it and put Win XP on it and I am going to try burning it now. I'll let you know what I find out.....

svol

Champion
If I'm right you have a Via chipset, you can try the Via Latency Patch which can be downloaded here:
<A HREF="http://www.networking.tzo.com/net/software" target="_new">http://www.networking.tzo.com/net/software</A>.

Maybe you can try a other CD writing program and see if that has similair problems.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

TNC10284

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
Easy CD Creator 5.0 works just fine on it as far as I can tell. I haven't tried CloneCD. DO I need that latency patch thing?

svol

Champion
You can try it, but you don't really need it. And if Easy CD works fine I think it might be some issue between the CDRW and Nero.

svol

Champion
There is a chance that the patch gives data corruption instead of preventing it. If you don't want to try it out, don't do it, because I think that it is caused by Nero and not by your chipset.

TRENDING THREADS