Sign in with
Your question
Closed

New gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
February 3, 2013 8:02:31 PM

I have gotten my new gaming pc down to a bit of a crossroads for me. mainly between an i5-3570 and fx-8350. from my research i've gathered the 3570 is better for gaming. the difference when keeping all other components of my system except the cpu and mobo is $100. i use my pc alot for other things (netflix, downloading music/movies, internet etc.) but im lacking in gaming power. what i want to know is if the 3570 is worth $100 more than an 8350 (cpu + mobo = $100 increase)

a few things to consider is that i do 75% of my gaming on the xbox but will probably play alot more pc games with an upgrade. on the pc i am mainly looking to play things i can't on the xbox ( mmo's, mobas, rts ). I do not plan on overclocking right away but is a possibility in the future. Also, i am %100 not willing to build my own, i am going through ibuypower. i don't want to heard ibuypower is bad and building my own pc is cheaper blah blah blah. i have heard it all before and done plenty of research, this is my decision. all i need to know is the basics, is it worth the extra money.

More about : gaming

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
February 3, 2013 8:17:02 PM

Most people wont notice the difference btween these two .

The intel does better in some game engines . Potentially the AMD is competitive or better in situations with higher image settings and where the pc is running other tasks at the same time .

Toss a coin IMO
February 3, 2013 8:44:14 PM

thanks for a quick response outlander, you verified what i already assumed. funny thing is with the added price of the intel system i qualify for 5% off which will be $50 so its even closer to an even match now. again i appreciate it, if anybody has anything else they would like to add i will post the specs for the intel build. to be clear before i get hounded for it i know my power supply is more than i need but a $20-$30 difference seems minimal to me when i have less to change with future upgrades/additions

1 x Case ( NZXT Tempest 410 Gaming Case - Black )
0 x Case Lighting ( None )
0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction ( None )
0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion ( None )
1 x Processor ( Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K )
0 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive ( None )
1 x Processor Cooling ( Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155] - Standard 120mm Fan )
1 x Memory ( 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X )
1 x Video Card ( AMD Radeon HD 7870 - 2GB - Single Card )
1 x Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA )
1 x Free Stuff ( [FREE] - Gigabyte GC-WB300D Bluetooth 4.0 / Dual Band WiFi Expansion Card - Free with purchase of selected Gigabyte Motherboard )
1 x Free Stuff ( [FREE Game Download] - DiRT Showdown - Free with purchase of AMD Processor / Radeon video card )
1 x Free Stuff ( [FREE Game Download] - Far Cry3 + 20% OFF code for Medal of Honor Warfighter - Free with purchase of AMD Radeon HD 7770 or above )
1 x Free Stuff ( [FREE Game Download] - Sleeping Dogs - Free with purchase of AMD Radeon HD 7870 or above )
1 x Motherboard ( Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H )
0 x Intel Smart Response Technology ( None )
1 x Power Supply ( 750 Watt - Corsair CX750 )
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive )
0 x Data Hard Drive ( None )
1 x Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
0 x 2nd Optical Drive ( None )
0 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( None )
0 x Meter Display ( None )
1 x Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
1 x Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
1 x Operating System ( Windows 8 Pro + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!] - 64-bit )
1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard )
1 x Mouse ( iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse - Blood Red )
0 x Monitor ( None )
0 x 2nd Monitor ( None )
0 x Speaker System ( None )
0 x Video Camera ( None )
0 x Case Engraving Service ( None )
1 x Warranty ( 3 Year Standard Warranty Service )
1 x Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - Deferred Delivery (Ship Out in 15 ~ 20 Business Days) - 5% OFF on systems over $999 (Coupon Code: defer) )
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
February 3, 2013 9:04:42 PM

At $50 difference then buy the Intel

But b4 you do head to Newegg , and price the parts individually .
Anyone can custom build a computer if they can hold a screw driver and have an IQ of more than 41 .
You could have it in a few days , and you can have an assurance of the quality of all the parts
February 3, 2013 9:27:02 PM

water cooling isnt really that crucial. thats for sky-high overclocking. take that off. and id go with windows 7 and not 8.
February 3, 2013 9:37:14 PM

other than the fact that its new and im sure still buggy, and a different ui, what is so bad about windows 8? compared performance wise to 7? win8 pro is saving me $31 over 7 pro. took the liquid cooling off though and to save a bit more i might consider a 500w corsair psu. lose alot of discounts tonight at midnight so i will check newegg now and see if i should buckle down and go that route even tough i really don't want to.
February 3, 2013 9:48:05 PM

+1 for building it yourself, there is multiple videos on newegg's youtube you can watch to learn how to build a pc they even show the difference between the amd sockets and intel sockets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
As for building it yourself you will be able to pick the exact components you want,not just you will get a 7870 videocard.
a b 4 Gaming
February 3, 2013 9:48:06 PM

I'd go with windows 8 , especially if I was building myself .

There are a whole lot of small improvements in the OS

If you dont like metro you can install a start button and start menu for nothing [ or a better version for a couple of $ ] and never see metro . Ever .

But most importantly the licensing of Win 7 oem means that its locked to the mb you first install it on and cant be re-used on another computer if you upgrade .
Win 8 does not have an oem license . It has a home user license that lets you transfer it , so its much more like the old "retail" license
a b 4 Gaming
February 3, 2013 9:52:50 PM

Well then don't buy windows 7 pro... get home premium. Seems kinda obvious.
And the bad part of it is that its compatibility with games is not guaranteed.

Can I ask a question? Why don't you want to build it yourself? It only takes a couple hours, there are LOTS of youtube videos showing how, it's easy, and you get a better computer for cheaper. (And usually longer and better warranties on the parts.)
February 3, 2013 10:26:10 PM

after pricing the parts from newegg, the price is coming out almost the same. lotsa free stuff from ibuy. 3 year parts 1 year labor warranty from them. i am just going that route. to answer why i do not want to build myself, hard to explain, i just don't. kinda don't trust myself, like the idea of it being on somebody else if there is a problem. i may hate my new pc and want to return it, build it and take it back apart? no thanks. i just feel more secure getting it done by somebody who already knows what they are doing. maybe im just lazy? lol i can't really explain i just don't want to build it. plus free games free upgrades free wifi/bluetooth adapter. i been sold to lol. its done though thanks everybody for any info you gave me
!