New card, no signal.

anthonywaldock1259

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2GB 7850 GDDR5 for my PC, an upgrade from the 5670. The card itself ran for a short period of time and then the computer received the blue screen of death.

I then tried to re-start my computer, but now have no signal displayed. Also, the first time I entered the OS, the fan speed rose to 100% and ever-since has booted at that speed.

Specification
625w PSU
i7 920
Several fans
6GB DDR3 RAM

What could I possibly do, I have checked the BIOS and found no problems?

There is also nothing wrong with the RAM.

Please, if you are going to complain, do not post.

Thanks!

popatim

Titan
if the computer doesn't boot (no signal) how do you know theres nothing wrong with the ram?

Please list your system, being specific with make and model of the various compnents, as well as what troubleshooting steps you've already tried.

Thank you

anthonywaldock1259

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hello,

Specification:

Sorry, I actually have a 580w G7 power extreme.
i7 920
Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard, Socket 1366.
Un-branded DDR3 RAM 1333MHz..
2x 250GB seagate hard-drives.
Old card: Powercolor 5670 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E 2.1
New card: VTX Radeon 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E 3.0

I have no access to another system. I am just bewildered as to why it would display first-time, until I reach the desktop, then crash and show no signal onwards. I have removed old drivers. I have restored the BIOS to default via the battery and from the settings itself (using old card). I have seat the card in different ports.

That is all I have tried. Thanks for your help.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
The power supply might be the issue. I had never heard of G7, now I know why.
A multiple rail power supply uses cheap components in parallel to produce more power with a “higher” reliability. The cheap components keep the price down. Because they are in parallel none of the rails feel the full effect of the load, so they are able to rate the power supply higher wattage than it should be.
The problem is that, because they use cheap components they do fail. When they do, the bad rail starts crapping out and the others have to take a greater part of the load, this shortens their lifespan. You as the owner of the power supply now have a failing component, but no clue because it’s still putting out juice.

Bad or spotty power will cause all kinds of havoc in your machine. Check the power supply first. Then see if everything else doesn’t start acting better.

anthonywaldock1259

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hello,

I tested the system with another PSU, this time a Cit. However, the GPU still displays no signal.

İs there anything I can do to get it to work?

I have tried updating bios but that hasn't resolved the problem.

bretmh

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
This could simply be a driver issue, I recommend going safe-mode if possible to resolve this. Use DriverSweeper and CCleaner and then retry.

sig.jpg

anthonywaldock1259

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

The psu that İ mentioned before-hand is new, I purchased it yesterday. We can thus rule out the problem being the psu. What does that leave us with?

Thank you, have a nice day!

anthonywaldock1259

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

If we rule out the PSU being the issue, what other options are we left with?

Thanks!