Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Nvidia Surround | Two 1080p Monitors, One 1680p

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 19, 2012 7:01:08 PM

Hello all, and merry almost xmas :D ,

I may have a 3rd monitor headed my way as I originally needed it because I'm a PHP developer, and I always feel a 3rd screen really would help, then I realized, 3 screens means Nvidia surround! I have a 660 Ti 2GB so powering that kind of resolution should be perfectly fine. Heres my issue, I'm getting a second 1080p monitor, my other monitor is 1680x1050, can I some how set something with surround where my 1680 monitor won't get cut off, or not even work in the configuration? I can put it to 1080p, but obviously that is going to look terrible (And man does it ever lol) so thats not much of an option.

So how can I use Nvidia surround effectively with two 1080p monitors, and one 1680p?

Thanks all!
- Jeremy
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
December 19, 2012 7:08:45 PM

You could try setting the resolution to 1650 x 1080 but it might not work as Nvidia recommends that all monitors share the same resolution and that might mean that they all have to have the same native resolution.
Score
0
December 19, 2012 7:19:40 PM

Mousemonkey said:
You could try setting the resolution to 1650 x 1080 but it might not work as Nvidia recommends that all monitors share the same resolution and that might mean that they all have to have the same native resolution.

Will Surround just simply automatically detect and try to fit the monitor?
Score
0
Related resources
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
December 19, 2012 7:26:27 PM

necrohhh said:
Will Surround just simply automatically detect and try to fit the monitor?

Maybe, I don't know as I only use two monitors myself.
Score
0

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
December 19, 2012 7:41:46 PM

Give this thread a look over might help you out.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1660586&mpage=1&pr...

Thent

Share
December 19, 2012 7:49:42 PM

thently said:
Give this thread a look over might help you out.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1660586&mpage=1&pr...

Thent


A Post from that thread you sent me,

"this thread is getting old, but I feel it's misleading.
All 3 monitors are running different resolutions and the 24" is also a different aspect ratio.
When you turn on surround in the control panel, it creates 1 resolution that covers all 3 monitors.

From left to right: 17", 24", 19" running on 2 560Ti"

Question answered, thanks a bunch, was worried I had to deal with a very ugly fuzzy looking right monitor :cry:  lol

Thanks again!
Score
0
December 19, 2012 7:49:50 PM

Best answer selected by necrohhh.
Score
0
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
December 19, 2012 7:55:38 PM

necrohhh said:
A Post from that thread you sent me,

"this thread is getting old, but I feel it's misleading.
All 3 monitors are running different resolutions and the 24" is also a different aspect ratio.
When you turn on surround in the control panel, it creates 1 resolution that covers all 3 monitors.

From left to right: 17", 24", 19" running on 2 560Ti"

Question answered, thanks a bunch, was worried I had to deal with a very ugly fuzzy looking right monitor :cry:  lol

Thanks again!

Sweet! I'm glad it worked out for you.
Score
0
!