Closed Solved

Is 2x 670 2GB's enough for 3 monitors?

Or will it struggle with frames?

Edit: Coupled with an i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz, I'm looking for 60+ frames on med-high settings on most games.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitors
  1. Best answer
    Fraid not if you're at max settings. Take a look at this:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-hd-7990-devil13-7970-x2,review-32563-7.html

That GTX690 only a tiny bit faster than dual GTX670s. For all intents and purposes, the same thing.
  2. Though that's definitely not to say dual GTX670s wouldn't be awesome of course :-)
  3. I figured as much. I wish I had gone with the 4 GB version instead. On that topic, would it be possible, and sensible, to sli my 2 GB with a 4 GB?

And with just the 2x 2GB 670's, if I'm not looking for super ultra max settings, and more like medium-ish, think it'd be possible to pull off 50-60+ frames in games such as BF3, Skyrim, Far Car 3?
  4. i can't say what FPS you will get, i am letting you know that a 2gb + 4 gb would be the same as 2gb x 2.
  5. shizanky said:
    I figured as much. I wish I had gone with the 4 GB version instead. On that topic, would it be possible, and sensible, to sli my 2 GB with a 4 GB?

And with just the 2x 2GB 670's, if I'm not looking for super ultra max settings, and more like medium-ish, think it'd be possible to pull off 50-60+ frames in games such as BF3, Skyrim, Far Car 3?

You should have no problem getting those FPS, just turn AA and such down and overclock the cards as much as you can.
  6. Best answer selected by shizanky.
  7. Yeah fraid mixing memory wouldn't work, but on medium-high settings, I can definitely see you getting high framerates in a load of games. Just maybe not Far Cry 3 :-) Thanks for the best answer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Monitors Intel i5 Graphics